BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Mine was in transit an extra four days but it arrived and I'm happy. This is not my typical design favorite but I really like this knife. It feels great in my hand and it will definitely have a purpose and be used. Great fit and finish! I was expecting these handles before seeing all the variations out there. I would have been happy with any of them. We certainly got a great BladeForums knife to close out 2020! Thanks to all involved!

BladeForum2020_02.jpg

BladeForum2020_01.jpg

You do realize the package is empty....:D
Actually, I didn't...but, now that you mention it, it was pretty light. Luckily, trash collection is today. One less thing on my desk. You just saved me 5 minutes on a Monday morning - thanks, friend. (I'm actually a little annoyed by this development; but I haven't had any tea yet this morning. When I'm feeling more myself, I'll email Mike about a refund.)

Actually, I didn't...but, now that you mention it, it was pretty light. Luckily, trash collection is today. One less thing on my desk. You just saved me 5 minutes on a Monday morning - thanks, friend. (I'm actually a little annoyed by this development; but I haven't had any tea yet this morning. When I'm feeling more myself, I'll email Mike about a refund.)

hhmoore hhmoore - Okay, I'm an old man on meds and not too quick this morning. Are you saying you got and empty box?

Me, neither. I had gone back to bed. Having a tough time getting started today. (I know they say our bodies don't "catch up" on sleep; but it sure feels like that's what's happening this weekend.)

Do you know if the compound would make it unsafe for food?

I am 99% sure Mike was just stirring the proverbial pot a bit, since there were a good number of posts with folks fretting about what they should do to care for and preserve their horn, and a couple more posts either upset about the factory buffing compound or detailing elaborate cleaning and waxing protocols. I’d be shocked if you need to do anything more with your knife than just use it, and I’d be shocked if there’s anything to be aware of regarding food safety other than, you know, cleaning the blade with something that’s not gasoline.

When closed the blade tip (while not yet proud) can catch the skin of a finger if it is slid along the well from the butt forward. :eek: An issue that will need a solution since it will only grow more unsafe through sharpening. Any suggestions on lowering the blade would be appreciated. Thanks for your attention and have a great day.:)
Whew! When I left and went off the grid this thread had 8 pages! Finally got caught up. Great pics everybody :thumbsup:

Redsparrow: I'm glad you brought this up and started the subsequent discussion. While I was in Tennessee I noticed the same thing.

If its not the plumbing (that was in October :rolleyes: ), its the heat pump. If its not the heat pump, its the electrical:
ViperBFTN1.jpg

Back