BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

17 Nov left Florida.
20 Nov arr. N.Y.
21 Nov left N.Y.
28 Nov arr. Helsinki...

Now the real wait begins :eek: Finnish Posti still not received it which means Customs are holding it, despite digi mania they still send a snail mail letter to you demanding import tax, that can take over 7 days to get here...You pay online, a rather tedious business, then Post wants the 'handling fee' more tedious online stuff. THEN it can be released to Posti and the packet can take 5 days to 3 weeks to get here...:rolleyes: Best case scenario it arrives today:D Worst case just before Christmas. But all good things etc.;)

Being a knife enthusiast here, you need the patience of a Cat :D

NpmlfiB.jpg

B2itfbR.jpg

Sounds like it might be easier just to learn to make the knives yourself! :confused: ;)

I've been carrying mine quite a bit since I got it (usually paired with something else).

doxbtHT.jpg

Definately not this Viper but I have had knives where a T-9 would fit shallow in the hole but very likely strip it out if you attempted to use it. A T-9 won't even go in the pivot screws on either of mine ... tried 6 different bits/drivers.

Pivot is a T-8 handle screws are a T-6.

It’s been carried just about everywhere since I got it: work, home, my brother’s wedding, etc. I just don’t use knives all that often so it’s still mostly untouched but it’s a great carry knife and the quality is impeccable.

dzg9VJ2.jpg

According to Finnish Posti Tracking, they still haven't received the packet- arrived Hki airport on Saturday :rolleyes:

According to me, it arrived on my doormat around 17.15 today :D

As it's perma-dark now pix are really tricky, but all I can say is I'm in no way disappointed, this is a TOP knife. Blonde Mark with grooving, Piebald light/dark Pile grooved :thumbsup:

PROS: Getting the knife at all in this horrible year, superb fit & finish, great W&T with a robust 7 pull, no gaps, all centre, inspiringly sharp-I think you could shave with it but not venturing, in hand feel is superb, lightweight but robust quality feel, Titanium bolster/liners enhance the Ram's Horn ditto the screws, like the tubular backspring, even though it looks very attractive it's clearly a credible worker and will be a very useful EDC.

CONS: Makes most other knives look and feel inferior :D I'm pathetic and crap at tying lanyards, I'd love a dark green chord one or leather but don't know how to get them or tie it...:poop:

My personal thanks to Mike Latham for steering the project to a very satisfying conclusion against considerable odds :thumbsup: Thanks too to the designers and workers at Viper for making a superb Forum Knife and to Adam Rojas for taking care of the shipping aspects back to the EU.

Ram's Horn was certainly the right choice :D The Raccoon turds turned out so well!

Wow, really strange, thanks for checking. I have 3 sets: Snap-on, Husky and I don't remember the other. I just went and checked again and same on all 3, the 9 is a perfect fit, 8 is sloppy. Sorry for the confusion, though.:thumbsup:

I'll go back and check... it may be that the T9 is better. I didn't even try it.... results to follow....:D

I went back to my cheapie Home Depot set, and I couldn't get the T9 to go in. The T8 still fit snugly, minimal slop. I think JohnDF JohnDF is probably right. Metric Torxes.... :D

Moral to this story, don't buy one individual size... get a set. Or two sets. :thumbsup: :cool:

I’m carrying mine a lot more than I thought I would. The rams horn has grown on me, although I don’t even know if anyone makes other covers for these. I kinda like it now. The blade shape, I usually love as a secondary but I find I use that secondary more than a clip so it’s suiting me just fine. The only thing I wouldn’t use it for is food prep and I have a new chefs knife to use anyway lol.

Back