BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

most years in one way or another the BF annuals have surprised me
the 2020 Viper has not been an exception to that
it's an amazingly efficient hard worker
plus it plays well with other Italian cutlery

s57Za5j.jpg

redsparrow redsparrow Super pairing with great colour to that shot, most effective.

Dark here 20 hours a day as I keep moaning about...but this year's Forum Knife has brought great cheer to offset this. Does this thing cut!:D Good size for my tastes yet not heavy, just right.

It's already on a par with my other 2 favourites the Stag GEC Clip from 2014 and the 2 blade Elk from 2018, in fact I think it's ahead. Really pleased with it, really.

redsparrow redsparrow Super pairing with great colour to that shot, most effective.

Dark here 20 hours a day as I keep moaning about...but this year's Forum Knife has brought great cheer to offset this. Does this thing cut!:D Good size for my tastes yet not heavy, just right.

It's already on a par with my other 2 favourites the Stag GEC Clip from 2014 and the 2 blade Elk from 2018, in fact I think it's ahead. Really pleased with it, really.
With 20 hours a day in the dark you need a bright spot, Will!

Thanks Will! I had good subject matter. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Southern Michigan at 42 degrees N has a lot of gray overcast winter days but of course not the darkness of 63N. Hope you have some of those special lamps that simulate daylight, I've heard they help.
Your assessment of the Forum knives very nearly matches mine. Today if I were asked to rank them from favorite on down it might go something like this; 2018 elk, 2014 stag, and the lightweight, 2020 ram's horn with the wonderful wharncliffe. The specific order has changed at times, especially as I use one of the other (one and two are interchangeable almost daily) but it's still the same top three. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I do have a daylight lamp and they certainly do help but I have to be careful using it as I have eye disease.

I'd prob put the 2014 at the TOP IF it were Barehead and had steel or NS liners ;) still a great knife. The 2018 I revere because it is unusual has great steel, was a bargain and gets used all the time, the 2020 (vision?:D) is so unusual and well made that it mixes Ancient & Modern perfectly, the Ram's Horn is already getting more rugged!

I picked up the micarta version a couple weeks ago and it's gorgeous. I have a question today about the pivot screws on these Viper Swaybacks if anyone can help. I purchased an EDC gray oak version from CK a while back, before the new batch came in. It was one of the last from the first run I believe. It had stripped/damaged torx pivot screws from a previous owner and so it was discounted. Knife runs great, does not need adjusting, but I would really like to get a couple pivot screws to replace / repair some time in the future. I have emailed Viper in Italy and Collector Knives and can not get a response back. Does anyone know if this item could be found anywhere other than Viper? Sure looks like a special proprietary screw to me, but I am no knife mechanic and have not done much work on knives at other than simple stuff. I think if I could purchase two new pivot screws I could probably get the other ones out with a larger Torx or other method, but I sure don't want to do that until I can find new screws.

I'm not sure where to with after Viper and CK isn't responding to emails. It is not warranty as it was damaged by someone who was Torx happy and careless.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201121_113022 resize.jpg
    20201121_113022 resize.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
Thank you, I'll try that. My email was a response to Mike Latham's "newsletter" or whatever he sent a few weeks ago and he probably got too many replies to go through. We'll see if this works.

Back