BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Two nice examples...very sharp! :thumbsup::cool: Which one do I want my brother to like? :p:D Thanks Mike!!

5Nri59q.jpg

jIR13BX.jpg

Very nice , both of them :thumbsup:
An impossible decision for me ... I would toss a coin :cool:

Two totally different examples! :cool: Both are very nice! :thumbsup: Excellent action on each one. I’m no expert by any means, because I have never found one that I thought was too tough to open. I’m going to say these are a 6. Thanks Mike! Thanks BladeForums! :D

50601719758_0a888f2414_o_d.jpg

50601719793_72ef237899_o_d.jpg

LODESTAR :cool::cool:

It's not Zebra, because Zebras don't come from Europe ;):D

But meles meles does, European Badger

PG2xYoe.jpg

The Italians make great shaving-brushes too.....
:D I do see a resemblance!
Two totally different examples! :cool: Both are very nice! :thumbsup: Excellent action on each one. I’m no expert by any means, because I have never found one that I thought was too tough to open. I’m going to say these are a 6. Thanks Mike! Thanks BladeForums! :D

Nice light and dark ones.

Those looks like keepers to me my friend . I expect that those 2 will continue to reside in Tennessee .

Harry

Thanks! I'd never heard of those.

So, the next question is: how hard is M390 to sharpen? Can I touch up the edge with my Spyderco fine ceramic stones?

r8shell, I have no problem with it on my sharpmaker. I’m sure the diamond rods would do better, but it works for touch ups. Generally, if I need more than a few passes, I use diamond stones on my guided rod gatco. The m390, if done right, won’t get much metal moved on the ceramic rods. On my lionsteel warhorse, I profiles it once when I got it on the gatco, and since then touch up like you with no problems.

Thanks for all the replies on the pulls, everybody.
Seems the most common number being tossed around is a 6.
That probably means it's at least a 5 on my scale, which would be just perfect.

as long as it’s not a weak pull which I highly doubt.
Yes, as long as they aren't a 4 or lower I'm all good.
I had to send a couple of Lionsteel Barlows down the road for weaker pulls.
I just can't stand weak pulls and would prefer a nail breaker to something too weak.

Thanks for all the replies on the pulls, everybody.
Seems the most common number being tossed around is a 6.
That probably means it's at least a 5 on my scale, which would be just perfect.

Yes, as long as they aren't a 4 or lower I'm all good.
I had to send a couple of Lionsteel Barlows down the road for weaker pulls.
I just can't stand weak pulls and would prefer a nail breaker to something too weak.
Agreed :thumbsup:

Mine is...strange.
2zLssCL.jpg

nvg3LZO.jpg

:D I wanted some interesting character, with a little texture, maybe some areas of both light and dark. It certainly is all that! I just wasn't expecting such clearly defined stripes and it surprised me when I first opened the box. I think I like it. :cool::thumbsup:
It may be a little strange but It does have all the qualities you mentioned. I think it’s very unique and definitely a keeper! :cool: :thumbsup:

Mine’s dark. I like it! :thumbsup:

QFD6bt9.jpg

hoXYX7l.jpg

Xjjttsf.jpg

I think the etch turned out really nice. :thumbsup:

fdKxBZ0.jpg

Thanks again, Mike, for making this happen this year! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: knifeswapper knifeswapper

55NgB27.jpg
That’s the darkest one I’ve seen posted so far Barrett! I like it my friend! :) I’m pulling for them Hawgs tonight! :eek: :thumbsup:

These are really impressive. The polished spine is a nice touch.

50lQZrJ.jpg
ElHDnjd.jpg

OBqrXQf.jpg
Very nice texture and coloring! :cool: Congratulations on that one! :) :thumbsup:

You and I must be on the same knifeswapper knifeswapper wavelength... I ended up with a blonde and a brunette, as well.. I'm tickled to death! And grateful as all get-out for Mike, and his willingness to step up and ramrod (no pun intended) this through...

0JL02Rq.jpg
TUUJo3P.jpg

That’s the darkest one I’ve seen posted so far Barrett! I like it my friend! :) I’m pulling for them Hawgs tonight! :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. I’m happy with it! Looks like you got a good pair yourself. :thumbsup:

This one’s not looking too good for Arkansas. :confused: :rolleyes:

Back