BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

In the meantime I will post pictures here of the lionSteel Swing and Fox Recoil that you passed on..... Both are going to be phenomenal knives. But this horn Viper is in a class all its own.
I know this is a bit off topic but I’m very excited to see that Fox Recoil. I already want one and I don’t even know what it looks like yet.

Mine is...strange.
2zLssCL.jpg

nvg3LZO.jpg

:D I wanted some interesting character, with a little texture, maybe some areas of both light and dark. It certainly is all that! I just wasn't expecting such clearly defined stripes and it surprised me when I first opened the box. I think I like it. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks to knifeswapper knifeswapper and everyone else who made the forum knife possible in this strange year.

Y4U14us.jpg
r8shell, that is simply awesome!!! The most unique so far...kinda reminds me of Franks girl:D Mine arrived as well but to dark now for pic's. It's medium dark and I LIKE it:cool::thumbsup:
400i76.jpg

You and I must be on the same knifeswapper knifeswapper wavelength... I ended up with a blonde and a brunette, as well.. I'm tickled to death! And grateful as all get-out for Mike, and his willingness to step up and ramrod (no pun intended) this through...

0JL02Rq.jpg
TUUJo3P.jpg
Yes sir that’s a nice pair there! I like the color and texture variations on the ones that have been posted so far! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. I’m happy with it! Looks like you got a good pair yourself. :thumbsup:

This one’s not looking too good for Arkansas. :confused: :rolleyes:
Thanks Barrett! I’m pleased with the pair I was dealt! I was really hoping the razorbacks could handle them gators! ;) :thumbsup:

Wow! All look awesome and I'm getting excited to get mine! One thing I've noticed is that no matter the color or texture the "grain" (if thats the right term for horn) is oriented to compliment the pattern really well. It looks to me Viper put in allot of effort to ensure that even though each peice of horn is unique, the knives as a whole have a collective feel or vibe. At least thats my take on it, even though each is unique unto itself lay them on a table and the group would look like they belong together :thumbsup:

Im already wondering if switching one of the covers for another would work and if anyone would be willing. Imagine one side black with blonde streaks while the other side is blonde with black streaks.

r8shell, that is simply awesome!!! The most unique so far...kinda reminds me of Franks girl:D Mine arrived as well but to dark now for pic's. It's medium dark and I LIKE it:cool::thumbsup:
400i76.jpg
Ha! :D

Having owned a Viper Swayback for quite some time now, its so very exciting to see this knife getting into more peoples' hands. Please take note of the attention to detail in this machine manufactured design. Especially how the polished crowned backspring matches up perfectly with the polished crowned spine of that wharncliffe blade when deployed. Its truly a thing of beauty.

My rams horn isn't anticipated until wednesday. Sitting back to enjoy everyone's photos as they roll in.

7F714E1A-2DC3-44D9-A918-2A4C9456F996.jpeg 3238054A-1539-4825-9675-883B0EDCE1D2.jpeg I ordered 4 down to 3 for pictures one of my grandsons was here when they arrived so that went right in his pocket he had first pick.my other 2 grandsons will be here today day so choice 2 and 3 will be gone and I will take the last one for me. They all came out great,I am hoping I end up with the blonde one.thanks to knifeswapper knifeswapper for taking on the project and thanks to everyone at blade forums

I was busy doing some stuff with my son yesterday and wasn’t checking BF or the mail until almost bedtime. Sure enough, my knife was in the mailbox. I think they all look great!

https://i.imgur.com/HiW9jjr.jpg[/img]']
Very nice!

I'm going to make a confession. :oops: Your blond and textured scales were what I was hoping for, and when I unwrapped my "striped unicorn" I was slightly disappointed. I'd never seen horn like it, and it looked a little...artificial. o_O

After chicken eyeing it in the light of day, it's definitely grown on me. :D I sure hope no one gets tired of seeing photos, because I'm fascinated by the subtle shifts in appearance from differing light and angles. I think it's a keeper!
NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg

Very nice!

I'm going to make a confession. :oops: Your blond and textured scales were what I was hoping for, and when I unwrapped my "striped unicorn" I was slightly disappointed. I'd never seen horn like it, and it looked a little...artificial. o_O

After chicken eyeing it in the light of day, it's definitely grown on me. :D I sure hope no one gets tired of seeing photos, because I'm fascinated by the subtle shifts in appearance from differing light and angles. I think it's a keeper!
NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg
I would have probably felt the same way at first. I tried not to have any preconceived notions of what to expect and frankly I expected a dark rams horn with out much detail. This is generally why I don't buy slip joints with rams horn scales. Your knife grows on you.... I think about the Forest Gump movie when Forest asked his Mom about the ping pong paddle and getting paid for advertising.... she replied something to the effect to hold it a bit and it will grow on you. :D

Back