BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Finally found time to snap a couple of pics, love mine:thumbsup::)
m02dr5.jpg

es1Vor.jpg

Very nice!

I'm going to make a confession. :oops: Your blond and textured scales were what I was hoping for, and when I unwrapped my "striped unicorn" I was slightly disappointed. I'd never seen horn like it, and it looked a little...artificial. o_O

After chicken eyeing it in the light of day, it's definitely grown on me. :D I sure hope no one gets tired of seeing photos, because I'm fascinated by the subtle shifts in appearance from differing light and angles. I think it's a keeper!
NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg

I have to say that this one is my favorite so far. Lots of character.

For sure the stripped and bumpy texture ones are knocked out the park home runs.

Time again to say thanks for Charlie and his recent update.

Very nice!

I'm going to make a confession. :oops: Your blond and textured scales were what I was hoping for, and when I unwrapped my "striped unicorn" I was slightly disappointed. I'd never seen horn like it, and it looked a little...artificial. o_O

After chicken eyeing it in the light of day, it's definitely grown on me. :D I sure hope no one gets tired of seeing photos, because I'm fascinated by the subtle shifts in appearance from differing light and angles. I think it's a keeper!
NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg
I think yours is awesome. If that was the one I had received I would be very pleased. Truthfully, I haven’t seen one I don’t like yet.

I have to say that this one is my favorite so far. Lots of character.

I think yours is awesome. If that was the one I had received I would be very pleased. Truthfully, I haven’t seen one I don’t like yet.
Thanks, guys! I'm very pleased with it. :)
I used the fine ceramic rods on the SharpMaker to refine the edge, so I've bonded with it. It was sharp before, but now it cuts like a laser. :thumbsup:

QbifpMl.jpg
Thanks, guys! I'm very pleased with it. :)
I used the fine ceramic rods on the SharpMaker to refine the edge, so I've bonded with it. It was sharp before, but now it cuts like a laser. :thumbsup:
Glad you got to spend some quality time with our forum knife. Myself, I’m very happy with the grind and sharpened edge the way it came. I will maintain it with my compound loaded strop and continually refine it toward a convex edge. The more I examine the build quality of this knife the more I am pleased. Great job by everyone involved.

I haven't been able to get any pics yet but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with this knife.

It's incredible.

Beautiful design and workmanship. Every surface is polished or finished beautifully. Everything about it is just dead on cool.
The polished radiused backspring (also polished in the blade well) looks fantastic. Integral bolster and titanium liner, mill relieved around the tang area, smooth as silk. Very close to sunken joint as the exposed tang barely sticks above the frame. Beautiful sheep horn slabs, each with its own beauty, but cohesive as a group. I haven't even gotten to the blade.
I could go on but suffice to say- I think everyone who is still waiting has something exciting coming.
This is an absolutely incredible knife you've helped us get this year, Mike. knifeswapper knifeswapper
You're a good friend to this forum and I thank you.:thumbsup::cool:

The Post Office must know how bad I want this knife... Mine is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, but it looks like it's going to make it to my door tomorrow. :D

I just checked my email and the 2018 BF knife was delivered to me on 12/10/2018 (I regretfully skipped the 2019 knife). It just blows my mind that this knife will be in my hand almost a month earlier with everything that had to happen to make this work out.

Thanks again knifeswapper knifeswapper !

Back