Bhairab

Here's a comparison of some of my falcata/kopis blades. The HI bhairab version is a tiny bit longer than the ones pictured here, but is about twice as thick and heavy.

The black blade is MMHW/Dervish knives Yataghan(it's really a kopis) that is no longer being made. The damascus and spring steel kopis are from Valiant. I had to wait almost a year to get them from a group buy. The falcata is the only villager version that I am aware of. Yangdu had it specially made for me. It's one of my favorite swords.

Kopis_Group.jpg

Ahh yes, I know the shop of which you speak. I wonder what their influences were on the design chosen.

I suspect less than the Pakistani version. I've always wondered where the idea for the copper inlay came from.

Anything on the net is fair game; glad the photos can be used to ID an HI or provide more info.

Mike

So very true and I'm sure no one would be concerned with our use of them here.

I save photos because they have a bad habit of disappearing when I try to find them later.

Ain't that the truth! The time I spend looking back thru the dotd threads trying to confirm details of a design feature sure mounts up.

I'd have given Ad Astra credit. . .except, I found them, uncredited, on a google images search.

Just saying how I have overcome forgetting where pic's came from... with over 1,000 images of knives saved I have some hope of identifying at least some of them if asked for more details.

I have one more Bhairab Khukuri for sale in stock. From now shop and Kamis will not make this model. Sorry

My Bhairab Khukuri arrived and was immediately put to work chopping the familiar triangle shipping box with impressive results.

Despite, or perhaps because of its weight it cuts very well and pivots beautifully without straining the wrist as much as my Giant Chitlangi Bowie does.

I am very pleased with the decision to buy it and hope to put it to use on more substantial targets soon.

Thank you Yangdu for helping me to purchase the Bhairab. It holds pride of place among my Khukuri's. :thumbup: :D

Back