1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Bhakta BVUK and Farm Knife

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Bhakta villager Utility Knife and medium size Farm Knife arrived here in recent shipment from Nepal.

Farm Knife
    Overall length--13''
    Weight --19 oz
    Spine thickness--1/4''
    Sisau wood handle
    Leather sheath
    Great work by Bhakta
    Add to your ongoing collection at $149. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 inch 19 ounce Villager Utility Knife by Bhakta. Sisau wood handle. Leather sheath.
    Nice and sharp rig! $135.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order one or both
    First come first served

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. Same Old Shane

Same Old Shane

Sep 9, 2016
    Awesomeness

3. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Bhakta's back in a big way, that Farm Knife is quite appealing and the VUK is no slouch neither.

4. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    A fat, stubby Farm Knife. Nice.

Gave it 3 hours. Can't resist. Email sent.

Got the Done Deal.

I agree with Steely. I have a couple of the full-sized Farm Knives, and find them a little too large and heavy for many around-the-house tasks. I'm looking forward to this smaller version. It's still plenty large by most knife standards, but I think I can use it in the kitchen without destroying my counter-tops. Also looks like it might be a good all around EDC, although I couldn't actually carry it where I live because of laws limiting blade length. I think the maximum is about a centimeter. :(

For self defense purposes you'd have to carry a screwdriver, as long as the end isn't too sharp. Personally I prefer a 4'-5' staff, which I use as a walking stick on uneven terrain. Steep hills and busted up sidewalks, of which there are plenty.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    XelaXela, George Azar and Kiteman72 like this.
  5. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I have one of the original Farm Knives from some time ago. Its 16+" long, and I have always felt that it would make a much better knife if it were made a bit smaller as the sheer mass of the knife I have could work against it as the edge is very thin and bites deep and the point of the cleaver very acute. The trade off being user error. A bad stroke or stab and twist could result in a break in the edge or snapping the tip. Its not the knife's fault. Its a phenomenal cutting knife.

I just think shrinking it down to this size is the right move. I do love my Farm knife though:)

6. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    I've have very similar thoughts Steely although I don't own a Farm Knife. Been thinking this might be a good first. Trying to be strong but I'm rapidly weakening.

7. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
    I do love my Kumar Farm Knife, but it is a beast - it's 17" and 33 ounces, with a very close to 3/8" spine, and with a very acute edge profile.

I don't have a cutting board that will stand up to it - I guess I need to get a tree stump to use with it...

8. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    Yeah. Anything above 27 oz on a full size would be too much for me. Looking forward to full size, lite, Farm Knives with them pretty chos. Hope my budget is ready for 2 of them when they're around.

As a side note, so, am I correct to assume Farm Knives and Farmcattas/Farmcatas main difference is lack of cho, and different handle design? That is, Farmcattas/Farmacatas lack a cho, and their handles have full forward coverage, like a guard....

xx

9. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Pretty much. Farmcatas name came about, I believe, due to a forum member (most likely of ill repute that talks too much and should not be paid any attention) commenting on a Farm knife another member that came with a Falcata handle attached to the Farm blade. In short, unless there has been something "official" done by the kamis, a Farmcata is just any variation of the Farm knife with some sort of umbrella shaped handle.

It's been nearly 10 years and I still haven't gotten my hands on one. Which is weird. I totally should snap up a Farmcata as I love the grip on my Falcata. It's my favorite part of the sword. In truth, the thing is so dang heavy that the umbrella grip works against me using it a bit. Marrying that handle to a short, utility shaped blade with a fine edge and acute point would make for a really handy knife.

Dang! Talked myself into one :D

Better keep my eyes peeled on the DotD:)

XelaXela likes this.
  10. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    Thanks for the kind reply!

xx

Steely_Gunz likes this.