BHQ M4 Shaman!?!

To grab one or wait for wait for cruwear and micarta? Decisions....

Have they announced anything in micarta? I wasn't even aware Spyderco ever used it - I can't think of any micarta-based knives from them, off the top of my head.

Fortunately, aftermarket scale makers save the day, yet again.

Have they announced anything in micarta? I wasn't even aware Spyderco ever used it - I can't think of any micarta-based knives from them, off the top of my head.

Street Beat had micarta.

Sal said he was teasing some. Personally its not my thing on a folder but there are some that like it.

Last edited:
Stan said he was teasing some. Personally its not my thing on a folder but there are some that like it.
Stan? Does Sal have a long lost brother? :eek::D:p

I do recall him saying he was considering micarta and cruwear, this first sprint in M4 is a surprise to me.

I’m generally not a fan of the natural G-10, but this one looks good. With M4, it’s bound to be a phenomenal knife.

I have absolutely zero need for this...but I want it.

I LIKE the natural g10, unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to afford one of these before they're gone.

Nothing official, but was hinted at in another thread.

I'll probably go for one of these and dye the scales like I did the BHQ yojimbo. It came out pretty close to the s110v blurple.

This offering is a great model with great steel but the natural g10 is not appealing to me. Mix it up for goodness sakes. The sales for the natural g10 must be in demand, so I understand the redundancy.

This offering is a great model with great steel but the natural g10 is not appealing to me. Mix it up for goodness sakes. The sales for the natural g10 must be in demand, so I understand the redundancy.
I doubt it has anything to do with popularity (or lack thereof) of jade G-10 and everything to do with the exclusive nature of it. People like exclusives, people like M4, so they sell out. No reason to change the handle color if they know it's gonna sell.

Plus it looks cool! :p

It looking cool is a matter of opinion, the fact they sell because they are an exclusive is accurate. I get it though, Spyderco has so many exclusive, they satisfy just about every taste.

Reactions: Mo2
Maybe you have something you like less you could sell?

Nah, I don't tend to buy stuff unless I like it and intend on keeping it to begin with, and so I don't tend to get rid of things once I buy them, at least when it comes to knives. It's okay, I know there's some things I won't be able to get, so no huge deal.

Back