BHQ M4 Shaman!?!

To be honest, I kinda like the "jade" covers on my M4 PM2s. I think the contrast with the black blade and hardware makes for a decent looking knife...at least in person, and in my opinion. My favorite? Probably not, but I really like the knife...enough that I bought two off the exchange here.

That said, I'll look forward to other iterations of the Shaman as mentioned above. Micarta and CPM CruWear a front runner for my money.

I'm not a fan of the natural/jade but it does make sense to me that BHQ would continue to offer the US models in this same configuration. When they finish with M4 and jade they'll do something else.

It's really funny how we had many threads about shamen sprints that all said m4+cf or micarta +cruewear.... Then bladehq go ahead and do there own thing lol. Tells you they don't listen or care about the real fans imho. How many people said they wanted translucent g10... You don't see a majority of the replies asking for it.

But hey what do I know, they are just doing what they do, Clear g10 everything. Face-palm I'll never understand these non knife nut companies.

Sal said he was "testing" some micarta, not that they were going to do it.

So BHQ has done LOTS of sprints in Jade G10, they are kinda known for it, and you are suprised when thats there first one? They sell out of all of the Jade G10 in very short order, so just be because its not for everyone doesn't mean there aren't plenty of fans, obviously. I'm sorry some people didn't get what they wanted on the first knife outside general production.

When you say "non knife nut companies" like BHQ it sounds kinda silly to me. I can't think of another company that offers so many variations of blades from production to customs, Short runs, sprints, short run beads-clips-scales and everything else under one roof. They obviously knew it would sell and it did.

Reactions: AF
No blade steel "needs" DLC as it doesn't provide anything but a black finish. DLC is so thin that, unlike the common misconception, it doesn't provide any additional corrosion resistance. This has been discussed at length on the Spyderco forum with, if memory serves me right, Sal confirming it.

In my experience with my uncoated para 3 in 52100 and manix 2 in dlc 52100, I find the dlc coating does help with corrosion. My para 3 rusts even if I regularly oil it with mineral oil after it sees moisture. The dlc manix hasn't had any sign of rust and I only oil its pivot.

An info card that came in the box with my dlc manix does mention the coating helps with corrosion too.

Got mine. Gorgeous knife. Haven't even held a shaman before, this may compete for pocket space with pm2. First time I've said that in a long time.

Yeah, a lot faster than I thought it would! :eek: I wonder how those people that missed out feel about lil Nicky getting one ahead of the release now? o_O

I got an order in for one, but even if I had not gotten it I wouldn't be upset. I wouldn't have even known the knife existed if not for Nick's video.

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here. Clearly you're the only one upset at all by this, which I'd humbly suggest that you take a look at if that's the case, it sounds like maybe your "get upset" radar is out of calibration.

I have been checking the USPS tracking for mine and it still shows that it is in Pleasant Grove ,UT, so I was afraid I wasn't going to see it until next week when what do you know shows up in the mail

RS8d09p.jpg

It's really funny how we had many threads about shamen sprints that all said m4+cf or micarta +cruewear.... Then bladehq go ahead and do there own thing lol. Tells you they don't listen or care about the real fans imho. How many people said they wanted translucent g10... You don't see a majority of the replies asking for it.

But hey what do I know, they are just doing what they do, Clear g10 everything. Face-palm I'll never understand these non knife nut companies.

Jade G-10 is the best G-10 colour. No question they know what they're doing.

If I don't like the one I'll have tomorrow going to put it up for cost sheesh pretty much Feebay prices there :thumbsdown:

Someone on the Spyderco home forum noticed that there's one of these on the bay for $390 already! :eek: :thumbsdown: :poop:

Man, not even a like for my post? Boo! ;) Reviewers may get knives, but not like this where it's well ahead of a limited, public release. We're clearly going to have to agree to disagree here.
4 in the F/S section here for $325 a piece :rolleyes:

LOL, gotta be quick, put up one of the two DLT PM2 20CV I got this morning for cost, went quick not fond of flippers at all. I'd give them to shabazz all day if the flippers miss out. those are the guys to be PO'd at.

Back