Bicycles!

tyUY7XD.jpg

So this is what I have been riding since late last winter. I bought it right at the end of the season but have been having a great time riding it ever since. The tires are 4.7" wide and I've been running them between 6 and 7 psi for the summer and am very pleasantly surprised at how much they suck up the bumps. I consider myself fortunate to have a great trail system within a 5 minute ride of my house and try to put on 10-15 miles in the morning and then again after supper. Here's a link to the local club http://gorba.ca/

Last edited:
Interesting. IN my younger days I used to ride a lot. Back in the 60's had a Frejus road racing bike. Have had a succession of different bikes over the years but since I screwed up my legs from running, haven't had a bike for about 10 years now. Miss it. But anyway thought I would show you a funny bike photo taken in Manassas VA about 16 years ago.
0026547-R6-076-36A_small by Cottage Crafts Photography, on Flickr

I'll see where this thread goes and post up a few photos of my daily riders.

Anyone remember the mountain bike brand "Giant?"

I used to have a blue one--10 speed, "off road" tires, straight handlebar and steel and aluminum frame, "competition" lamb skin covered seat, 26 in wheels. This was one of the first bikes where you could remove the wheel w/ out tools by simply flicking a lever. This was way before carbon fiber and scandium alloys :) ; I remember as a boy of 13-14yrs there was nothing I wanted more! Anyway, the parents finally relented on the condition of a good report card. Simpler times. I remember it was 400 bucks which was a lot in those days.

It brings back good memories of all the adventures I had. Gradually interests changed and I got older so I didn't ride as much. I don't remember what happened to it-- it may be in my mother's attic.

Amazing how time flies. I rode that bike 24 years ago. Great thread Lorien.

Anyone remember the mountain bike brand "Giant?"

I used to have a blue one--10 speed, "off road" tires, straight handlebar and steel and aluminum frame, "competition" lamb skin covered seat, 26 in wheels. This was one of the first bikes where you could remove the wheel w/ out tools by simply flicking a lever. This was way before carbon fiber and scandium alloys :) ; I remember as a boy of 13-14yrs there was nothing I wanted more! Anyway, the parents finally relented on the condition of a good report card. Simpler times. I remember it was 400 bucks which was a lot in those days.

It brings back good memories of all the adventures I had. Gradually interests changed and I got older so I didn't ride as much. I don't remember what happened to it-- it may be in my mother's attic.

Amazing how time flies. I rode that bike 24 years ago. Great thread Lorien.

Haha yes. My last bike was a 2017 Giant Talon 2. They are still a pretty good brand, especially for "budget" (price is relative) riders. I've got pictures around here somewhere............will upload later.

I ride 2 bicycles atm.

This
VfngW4d.jpg

And test 375 deca 325 mast 225
If anyone is aware lol.

Here's a picture of my last old school rigid mountain bike. I actually sold it to the guy at the bike shop when I bought my Fatty.

Lorien Lorien is that the Rocky Mountain -50 ? I was looking at them when I bought mine but didn't want to invest quite that much at the time. After riding my fatty all summer though I can't help but wonder how much of a difference front suspension would make. I can see a potential upgrade in my future. Bikes are a lot like knives, the one you have is never quite the one you want.

Back