Bicycles!

I'm still rockin a gen 2 Gary Fisher Rig. At the time it was the only affordable 29er out there. Someday I'm gonna need some gears though.

WKlhzyc.png
Still have my '07 Gary Fisher Pargon, good group of bikes.

Went for the big rotor on the front. I think the Hopes could use a couple more holes.....

We the People wheelset? Edit: We Are One, got it, very nice. Any reason for going Hope hubs over I9 or Onyx?

Last edited:
Went for the big rotor on the front. I think the Hopes could use a couple more holes.....

We the People wheelset? Edit: We Are One, got it, very nice. Any reason for going Hope hubs over I9 or Onyx?

always run Hope when I can. Very cool company that I like to support. Not ridiculously expensive, stainless bearings, durable, and spare parts are easy to come by

A few bike related shots...

Grail ride at Downieville. Shuttle to 17 mile downhill. Too fun to stop for many pictures. Fast fire road section:
vJkaQqXl.jpg

You want to stay on line here!
3HtbXqpl.jpg

Knapps, Santa Barbara:
05kzkc7l.jpg

Little Pine, Santa Barbara. 4K feet of climbing for a nice 30 min downhill:
xtL6FpKl.jpg

Pisgah, NC. Gnar gnar:
QuMgyk2l.jpg

Santos, FL. Ray of Ray's MTB Indoor Park fame influencing the scene:
IffbvYgl.jpg

View attachment 947540 View attachment 947541 We love our Fat Bikes. Between my wife & I we own 7 bikes, the fat bikes get ridden year round, rain, snow, mud, they go thru it all! :)View attachment 947523 View attachment 947520

Oh Mike!

I'm not a bike person but that FJ brought tears to my eyes! :(

I now really wish that I had bought one of those before they were discontinued a couple-few years back! That was the time when the Toyota dealers were dealing on them too.

A very nice rig you have there CPK friend :thumbsup:

Thank you Sir!
We bought 1 because FJ’s were made by Hino Corp. in Japan, similar to LandCruisers being made by the Araco Corp for Toyota Motor Co.

2012 FjCruiser:
if I have any troubles anytime in my life usually my Toyota’s are not 1 of them...

Last edited:
That one has been around a little while. I always loved how the pile just keeps growing, like lemmings off the cliff.

How are those We Are One hoops doing for you Lorien?
been busier than a one armed pimp with crabs these days, so I haven't had a chance to get out for a trail ride since I put this rig together. Hoping for a quick spin tomorrow after work. I like these rims a lot, but have no idea how they'll hold up or how they'll feel. Pretty kick ass warranty, so if they fail, no problem! No more flat spots either:thumbsup::cool:

Awesome, please update us, or more importantly, me, with your impressions after you get some miles on them. I am in the market for a 29er set. These guys were not on my radar until you posted your build up and now I am intrigued to say the least.

Beauty of a rig and the setting isn't bad either. Glad you are getting to log some miles.

Back