Bicycles!

Not a road rider but I am Glued to the Tour de France,
I record it and review the action every-evening.
Anybody else watch it for the crashes?

Had the front brake lever go dead, SRAM Guide R, on the first run at the bike park last week. Bought a scuffed up DB5 set off one of the park's wrecked rentals to make the swap and salvage the day. Took my bad front into the LBS and they handled the warranty return. SRAM was out of Guide R brakes(gee, I wonder why) so, they sent a complete set, front and rear, of Guide RS levers and calipers. I know they catch hell for their brakes, but I thought that was a damn fine way to take care of a customer. An upgrade and replacement of both front and rear when the front was the only warranty item. Thought I would share with you guys.

Also, they only wanted the defective front back, I get to keep my working rear, so, I have a complete back up front and rear brake set to keep me rolling should another issue arise. Bonus.

guide brakes are garbage

IkQIBaTl.jpg

Well then, unless you suggest otherwise......

Tech 3 E4 , Black or Red, braided lines, SRAM shifter compatible, the other necessary hardware and a set of 200mm rotors
I'm on it, excellent choice:thumbsup:
get at me lorien at sookemountaincycle dot com

^ hell yeah I do. Back in the early 90's I was a USCF Cat 3 (not that unusual) as a Junior (that's unusual) and he was a few years ahead of me as a young cyclist in Texas at that time. I looked up to him. I remember when he went to the Olympics and we all thought he was going to kick ass but he didn't. He had (at that time undiagnosed) testicular cancer and was becoming very sick.

He ended up with cancer all throughout his body, including his brain. His body scans looked like a snow storm. He lost a ball (he had a spare) and fucking beat it. He beat a metastasized cancer that had spread all throughout his body. And then went on to win so many tours that I lost count. Seven?

Yes he was doping. It turns out that when they finally caught him there was nobody to give the titles to because they were all doping. I live in NASCAR country. Everybody in racing cheats. Hell, they don't even feel shame when they're caught. If the governing body can't get a handle on their sport... I think that Lance figured that if everybody in the upper ranks was cheating and the only way to be competitive was to also cheat he did what he had to do to compete. It would be different if he were cheating races from other competitors that weren't cheating, but is it really cheating when it's a level playing field? I don't know.

I was pretty quick when I was younger and even won the 91 SE regional championships in my division and possibly could have gone into competitive racing if I'd wanted to but I'm super glad I didn't. Went to school instead. Cycling is great, racing is great, but professional competitive racing like Lance did sucks and I'm glad I got out of it.

And look at all the things he's done since then. If you judge a man by what he does in his life, I think in the grand balance, Lance Armstrong is a hell of a man.

Those were some very cool experiences you have had, & glad to know more about your past experiences, I had no idea you were a bike racer previously.
Thanks for sharing that. I have to agree with you on judging people, it isnt up to us to judge.
Youre right, Lance has done a lot since the Tour. I saw him a few years ago in Leadville Co for the Leadville 100-
After all he has been thru, he still kicked my ass up there...

a LOT of people in my business shit on Armstrong just as a matter of course. I have a hard time with absolutism, particularly with regards to the motivations of other human beings. So many shades of grey, we all want simple easy answers, unless we have to explain ourselves.

If it weren't for livestrong.com, I'd likely still be dealing with a pretty serious diagnosis, but because of that site I was able to course correct and solve my problem. So, thanks Lance!

if you haven't yet seen this documentary, do yourself a favour and watch it. It's incredible.

a LOT of people in my business shit on Armstrong just as a matter of course. I have a hard time with absolutism, particularly with regards to the motivations of other human beings. So many shades of grey, we all want simple easy answers, unless we have to explain ourselves.

If it weren't for livestrong.com, I'd likely still be dealing with a pretty serious diagnosis, but because of that site I was able to course correct and solve my problem. So, thanks Lance!

if you haven't yet seen this documentary, do yourself a favour and watch it. It's incredible.

You guys rock.
Thanks for sharing Lorien too. I will check out that documentary & thanks.
As someone who lived after being in 2 horrid near death accidents, & somehow survived -
I have a firm belief in "getting back on that bike" & getting up after a fall.
Much respect for you guys, & yes, it is our experiences in life that make us who we are today.

I'm with Nathan on Lance--always looked up to him just for his grit, and cyclists have always doped in one form or another

I'm with Nathan on Lance--always looked up to him just for his grit, and cyclists have always doped in one form or another

back in the old days of the tdf the riders LOVED their cocaine, and would often roll it up with tobacco
K32tnKJ.jpg

there's a good reason why Coca Cola became so dominant way back when, and why it still is a beverage of choice during competition

Back