Bicycles!

hehe...fair enough!

Michelin Wild Enduro/Wild Rock'r mini review; if you value traction, you'll like em
I do, its why I ride the DHF/DHR2 combo. Saw the side knobs and liked the tread pattern. Will keep them in mind when it comes time for a new set.

closed the shop and went for a ride, just too damn nice out to stay indoors. My favourite time of year!

like my new nose piercing?
OSESMBg.jpg

I fell. A. Long. Way. Down
nvwNaG1.jpg

couple punctures, but overall not too badly damaged. Will see tomorrow the extent of the deceleration trauma
NMFqsRF.jpg

closed the shop and went for a ride, just too damn nice out to stay indoors. My favourite time of year!

OSESMBg.jpg

nvwNaG1.jpg

couple punctures, but overall not too badly damaged. Will see tomorrow the extent of the deceleration trauma
NMFqsRF.jpg

Rainbows are supposed to emanate from one's arse, not nose! I'd go see a Dr. if I were you :)

OSESMBg.jpg

nvwNaG1.jpg

NMFqsRF.jpg
So, anything else sore yet?

So, anything else sore yet?
it is. Everything else. This includes my face and neck which hit a tree so hard I found my glasses 8' from where I landed. Pretty glad for the beard, as it did offer up some protection. Weirdly, I feel more inclined to race our local enduro next month than I did before. I am a proud masochist!

it is. Everything else. This includes my face and neck which hit a tree so hard I found my glasses 8' from where I landed. Pretty glad for the beard, as it did offer up some protection. Weirdly, I feel more inclined to race our local enduro next month than I did before. I am a proud masochist!
Damn son! Any bruising to the money maker?

Stacking it up is almost as fun as riding, just sucks afterward. Glad it seems like nothing too serious for what sounds like a pretty severe crash. Get back out there.

haha! I'm not telling, (although I originally read your comment as 'monkey maker' so maybe my bell got rung a little more than I thought)

won't have an opportunity to get out riding again for another couple weeks, gotta finish the bike park job and have a bit of a holiday coming up. Sure was a glorious day to get out on friday, though;

NUuOS8K.jpg

haha! I'm not telling, (although I originally read your comment as 'monkey maker' so maybe my bell got rung a little more than I thought)

won't have an opportunity to get out riding again for another couple weeks, gotta finish the bike park job and have a bit of a holiday coming up. Sure was a glorious day to get out on friday, though;

NUuOS8K.jpg
Damn gorgeous right there. Seriously, when is this knife/bike get together gonna happen?

Plus, I figure we will know if something happened to the "monkey marker" without you saying as you will have to change the shape of your handle designs on these knives. I was just askin' 'bout yo' face.

oops! My mistake. Let's just say I'll try to keep my knife handle designs from veering off to the side, or having a weird kink in them. Errr...

My wife and I got out for another long ride here in Northern New Mexico,
way way out on our FatBikes into the high desert on our most recently dubbed “locals loop”.
About 20 miles round trip thru desert cow trails, oak scrub, cholla, juniper, and many cactus types.
We are fortunate to be able to ride out to and actually “go inside” of some really cool artwork & one mans
very unique vision-
Cavedigger.

Here is a clue-https://youtu.be/oxcftjJ39BU

Amazing what some people can do, so that others can smile!
Details, details,
Sorry for cruddy pictures
details497ACDC4-03CA-47E9-875E-B04E06A5142F.jpeg 63B2B4DF-579A-4A64-A364-65CC476B9E80.jpeg D73EB422-BAD0-4C23-9A46-CFFA7CD22168.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow Knifes and Mountain bikes all on the same board! I truly found an awesome thread indeed. I have been mountain biking since the mid 80's and for the past 11 years it's been mostly at night, Every night all year including New England winter nights so that's why I call myself the night Rider. I just recently got myself a 2018 Specialized Stump Jumper FRS comp with 6fattys and all murdered out top to bottom bracket and I mean Stealth matt black except for my rotors. I'll post some pics and share some story's in the days to come. Happy trails to you and Never stop riding.

Last edited:
Wow Knifes and Mountain bikes all on the same board! I truly found an awesome thread indeed. I have been mountain biking since the mid 80's and for the past 11 years it's been mostly at night, Every night all year including New England winter nights so that's why I call myself the Knight Rider. I just recently got myself a 2018 Specialized Stump Jumper FRS comp with 6fattys and all murdered out top to bottom bracket and I mean Stealth matt black except for my rotors. I'll post some pics and share some story's in the days to come. Happy trails to you and Never stop riding.

Welcome!
Glad to see you found the bike stuff! I love nightriding and totally get it, is often too hot during daytime so started riding at night. We have lived all around the including Oaxaca Mexico, Southern Baja, Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Colorado, & now New Mexico.

Welcome!
Glad to see you found the bike stuff! I love nightriding and totally get it, is often too hot during daytime so started riding at night. We have lived all around the including Oaxaca Mexico, Southern Baja, Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Colorado, & now New Mexico.
Heat and horse fly's were the first reasons I started riding at night Mike. The second reason was that I found illegal turkey and deer hunting blinds and unlabeled tree stands on posted no hunting conservation land and I didn't want to get shot by a kook like some poor woman did last summer in a state park on a walking trail. The benefits of night ridding for me are wide open trails to bomb down and see more wildlife than I knew even existed around me. I've been keeping track of 3 packs of coywolfs for 7 years now and it's to the point where I have names for a couple of the alpha males. A night trail jogger I meet once in a while calls me ( He who rides with wolfs ) Lol. last summer I had a run in while ridding a power line trail with a young Black Bear that was looking for new grounds, I came around a blind corner and locked eyes with him for a split second then in the blink of an eye we both turned and ran and road away as fast as we could. ah memory's lol. well it's about 9 o'clock, time to get my sh-t together for another night ride.

Heat and horse fly's were the first reasons I started riding at night Mike. The second reason was that I found illegal turkey and deer hunting blinds and unlabeled tree stands on posted no hunting conservation land and I didn't want to get shot by a kook like some poor woman did last summer in a state park on a walking trail. The benefits of night ridding for me are wide open trails to bomb down and see more wildlife than I knew even existed around me. I've been keeping track of 3 packs of coywolfs for 7 years now and it's to the point where I have names for a couple of the alpha males. A night trail jogger I meet once in a while calls me ( He who rides with wolfs ) Lol. last summer I had a run in while ridding a power line trail with a young Black Bear that was looking for new grounds, I came around a blind corner and locked eyes with him for a split second then in the blink of an eye we both turned and ran and road away as fast as we could. ah memory's lol. well it's about 9 o'clock, time to get my sh-t together for another night ride.

That is very cool! Love to hear of the adventures and of people like you doing good things & cool stuff out on the bikes.
I started the night riding up in Durango on the Colorado Trail/Continental Divide Trail as the day riding was getting too hectic, also dangerous as too many people were out on the trails, & riding out of control or too fast for conditions. We are “cross country” type riders that love to climb the hills, and found that @ nighttime riding those trails they were totally empty besides the wildlife, and became totally different to ride at night.
We come across lots of bear and bear cubs out here, once even a huge mountain lion sprawled across the middle of the Colorado Trail napping in the sun. We made eye contact as well, & thankfully he took off the other direction startled by me disturbing his nap time.
We ride our fat bikes a lot now especially in the wintertime on the snow/ice, but my wife rides loves to ride her Kent Erickson custom 650b, I also have a 29er Moots Mooto-X.
Same here, been riding since the early 80’s, started in Germany while in the military.
Thanks for sharing your fun, and I look forward to seeing your future post as well!

Night riding is something else completely. The first few times, it's a somewhat spooky, creepy sensation when you're riding through all the trees and branches, with just your own illumination. Very cool.

Now I look like a danged UFO between the 5,000 lumen Lupine Betty headlamp, amd the 4,750 lumen Exposure Sixpack front light lol. Brighter than the high beams on the SUV.

Someone supposedly drew a police chopper once, night riding a trail with 2 Exposure Sixpacks and a 5,000 lumen headlamp. Police chopper came to investigate the bright lights (nearly 15,000 lumens, or 3x the brightness of a car's headlights) moving through the woods where vehicles shouldn't be lol.

So I bought myself a cool little gizmo called a Quarq Shockwiz, to aid in my suspension set up. I bought an amazing full suspension mountain bike last year but really had no idea of how to properly set up the suspension. I followed the basics and set my suspension to the manufacturers recommendations for my size and weight and pretty much left it at that for the first couple months and then fiddled with a few adjustments, not really knowing how they would affect my ride, and then never did much with it again after that. When I hooked up the shockwiz and went for my first ride it told me my fork was running at about 74% efficiency and provided me with the recommended changes in pressure and adjustments. After 3 rides and a few adjustments I got my fork running at 95% efficiency and then had pretty much the same results for my rear shock. Not only did these recommended changes dramatically affect my bicycles ride, they allowed me to learn and understand the affect of the various adjustments of my suspension. After the bike is set up you really don't need to keep the unit hooked up any more, but you can and it will continue to record data and provide suggestions if needed, so I decided to rent it out to a couple riding buddies and they gained the same results. So to end this long story, I am not affiliated with Shockwiz in any way shape or form, but I do believe it to be a valuable tool for someone such as myself who is not a suspension guru.

Back