Bicycles!

Maybe that he is E-biking and liken' it?
The last time I did trail work and had to carry the saw in the pack with the gas/oil/water/hammer/tools etc will be the last time I do it unassisted!
Whew, what a day that was.

BMW R1200GSA ADVENTURE
CARRYING MY FELT ROAD BICYCLE.

inK33J9.jpg

All's fair when you get older.:rolleyes:
Yup.
I'm getting up there unfortunately and with several injuries that still haunt me I took advantage of a local demo day on a Powerfly.
I know the folks at the shop so I asked if I could take it on my club trails and they said okay.
I ride these trails daily to the tune of 1200+ miles per season so I know exactly how they ride and I have to say that the Powerfly was an absolute blast to ride!
It handled everything I threw at it especially the climbs.
Too soon for me to consider hanging up my bikes but when I finally fall apart it's good to know there's an option.
I'll never stop riding, ever.

Yup.
I'm getting up there unfortunately and with several injuries that still haunt me I took advantage of a local demo day on a Powerfly.
I know the folks at the shop so I asked if I could take it on my club trails and they said okay.
I ride these trails daily to the tune of 1200+ miles per season so I know exactly how they ride and I have to say that the Powerfly was an absolute blast to ride!
It handled everything I threw at it especially the climbs.
Too soon for me to consider hanging up my bikes but when I finally fall apart it's good to know there's an option.
I'll never stop riding, ever.
Only reason I haven't tried one is I know I will love it! Trying to hold off as long as possible.

^^^Cheater!
Lol.

I hadn't kept up on the current technology, but a few months back, I saw someone riding a fat tire MTB version. Dang! Those things are pretty darn zippy!

Dude wasn't even pedaling, and I would estimate he was cruising at competitive road bike speeds.

Moped speed without the Moped noise/stigma/image :p

Man, he just doesn't give a F, does he? Wonder how many G's he was pulling on that first drop in?

Yeah, and when they get my age they wonder why their back hurts...
Not just back.

I just saw a vid posted elsewhere of a bad MTB crash (looked like Frenchmen somewhere in Africa?).

Somehow (handlebar? Brake/shift levers?), the rider's femoral artery was hit. Took some fast action by the rider and riding buddies to prevent him bleeding out right there, while waiting for medical personnel.

The more years/experience you accrue, the more acutely aware of your mortality you become. Injuries don't heal as quickly either.

Back