Bicycles!

Great information on this thread, I’m a runner and I have decided to start mountain biking for cross training purposes. With my personality, it’s going to be hard to not spend a ton of money... I just love quality craftsmanship and design. Hence my love for CPK.
Two bits of advice for you sir, 1. Buy once Cry once, And don't feel that you have to drop another thousand bucks for a carbon fiber bike frame if your getting the bike for exercise. Take that money saved and use it for a steel or aluminum frame with higher end components.

Breaking in my new rig!:)
jHRwmxy.jpg

Campy Record has always been "Beautiful" but I've always liked Dura Ace better.
I built up a Merlin Road in 1992 with full Dura Ace STI. All these years later and over 25000 miles on it, it still works like new.

Last edited:
That's a beauty. What do you think of the Fox 38?
it's a customer/friend's new bike so I can't say anything about its performance. That said, it's pretty cool. I like the floating axle concept and the air bleed valves can be pretty useful for park day. My DVO Onyx has them and around here they don't get used but for miles of downhill runs it's an easy way to keep the fork supple

I'm riding on a Fox factory 36 Grip 2 and it's amazing. It's hard to believe that they keep upgrading and improving .

I'm riding on a Fox factory 36 Grip 2 and it's amazing. It's hard to believe that they keep upgrading and improving .
'upgrading' and 'improving' is the life blood of the bike industry. A lot of it is hype and bullshit and most riders couldn't tell the difference, to be honest.

Back