Big and small fresh out of the shop!!!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Finished these two up today! The big Bowie is inspired by some of Jason Knight's work. It's a huge Bowie at 16.5in overall with an 11in blade. Weight is 23oz. I used green canvas Micarta for the scales and heavily sculpted them to fit my hand. Gonna be packing this one around myself for a bit since the weather is finally cooling off :) Currently the edge is rough filed to a convex shape. Someday I might be able to convex on the Bader but today was not that day :( As it's a user for me I won't mind a bit :D
The smaller clip point is based off my Scrapper pattern but with a twist! It's my first tapered tang in probably 20 years!!!! With the drilled out and tapered tang, Diamond Wood scales, full flat bevels, weight comes in at 9oz!!!! Not bad for a 1/4in thick blade 5 1/4in long! Overall it is 9 5/8in long.
View attachment 972815 View attachment 972816 View attachment 972817 View attachment 972818

3/16 would be amazingly fast in the hand. Wish I could get my pet 5160 in that thickness with the width I’d need for this design. Someday I might hunt down another steel to try with this shape. Right now though in 1/4 inch stock, it’s pretty lively for it’s size :D

The big one looks like it was made for me. I hope I get a chance to try it out. I have a feeling that you won't be able to pry it out of my paws if I do.

Dibs can be called on the tapered tang clip point but the Bowie is staying put for a good while :) Shoot me a pm if interested:D

Black kydex for sheathe wait you near Julio he gonna do the beast in some carbon fiber if not to much trouble ship there love your art thank you

Back