Big Chris Knives in the woods

Tar Hollow state Park again for the afternoon. Took the new big Chris I acquired in a trade. Holy smokes it's the best one yet. Best handles and great with wood. I didn't baton with it because I did that with the nessmuk. I can't say enough about this new one.

I have been on the forums for a few years and every time I see a big Chris knife the designs/craftsmanship get better, keep it up Chris,I love it that he tackles steels that not many other makers want to mess with,my next step is to get a 10v blade from him....:)

You're right. I think Chris said he only made two of these. Chris, make a couple more. This knife is awesome in 3V.

Went to burr oak last night in southeastern Ohio. Slept on top of a hill used for astronomy observation and it was a clear night. We shared our space with two cows and at night we were seranaded by packs of wolves in stereo.

Great Scenery Luke.
Which knife did you pack on that trip?
How is that Bowie working out for you?

I used the camp/sar and and the muk and I let my buddy use the practical tactical. I'm glad I brought the big Chris blades because the camp axe I brought dulled out super fast.

Took a day off from work and got some errands ran and decided to head south to Scioto trails state Park. I brought a big Chris and a camp axe but ended up just hiking for a couple of hours then heading home. I took a couple of pics:

This knife goes really well with a hatchet

I had a really nice day. This weekend I think I'll go out and chop and cut some stuff

Is this public state park area. Where is this located?
Very nice scenery for sure. Especially the picnic table on the little island/peninsula.

It's a state park in Ohio. I live just south of Columbus so I have quick drives to a few state parks. This one is Scioto Trails state park. Most of the parks are designed the same way, same lake, camping area and all that.

That Muk looks great, was it also in 3v? Maybe missed the info above.

That Muk looks great, was it also in 3v? Maybe missed the info above.

That one there is 440C with Grey Terro-Tuff

This is the older version, with 4 inch blade, right?

I can't remember exact blade length but probably closer 4.25" if I had to guess.
That really seems to be the length that my smaller knives hover around.
I have not made one of them for a couple years, the desire for the traditional patterns in modern steels really seemed to fizzle out.

Just
That one there is 440C with Grey Terro-Tuff

I can't remember exact blade length but probably closer 4.25" if I had to guess.
That really seems to be the length that my smaller knives hover around.
I have not made one of them for a couple years, the desire for the traditional patterns in modern steels really seemed to fizzle out.

I must go against the trends. I'd really like another muk maybe a bigger one and I'd really like a puukko. Traditional is super cool especially with modern steel

Back