Big day for me yesterday

I got a notice that Plaza Cutlery was closing its physical store and going strictly online. They included a coupon to use in store, so of course I rushed down. I had received the Grimsmo Rask that morning and was already on cloud nine, so I didn't anticipate spending too much money. I started chatting with Dan and mentioned I was on the list for the Halloween Sebenza. He came from the back and said he had one that I could buy right then and there. Done. Then I was browsing the rest of the selection and a thuya Mnandi caught my eye. As Dan was wrapping that up for me, I changed my mind and fell for the Inkosi. I never considered an Inkosi, but I have always wanted a micarta sebbie. Once I handled the Inkosi my mind was changed. I threw in the Protech Calmigo for good measure. So, the Inkosi and Halloween Sebenza will join my collection, including my plain small sebenza and Ti-Lock.

I still need to replace my Mnandi at some point (I sold my box elder with the hopes of replacing it with a spalted beech). For now I have plenty of knives to tide me over.

FBrOYGp.jpg

That's quite a day! Nice haul, the grimsmo looks awesome but they have been increasing in price enough for me to look at other knives.

That's quite a day! Nice haul, the grimsmo looks awesome but they have been increasing in price enough for me to look at other knives.

The price increase certainly gave me pause. I was kicking myself for not doing the pre-order .

I missed out on the pre order by just a few days.. I remember seeing a YouTube video saying they were still taking orders (shabbaz I think). And then when I checked It had just closed.

Nice score(s)!
So much detail on that CRK, it looks great.

Busy day! I have not seen the Halloween version before, as mentioned above it has lots of details!

I missed out on the pre order by just a few days.. I remember seeing a YouTube video saying they were still taking orders (shabbaz I think). And then when I checked It had just closed.

Nice score(s)!
So much detail on that CRK, it looks great.

Busy day! I have not seen the Halloween version before, as mentioned above it has lots of details!

The detail is insane. Especially in real life. I think my gf stared at it for at least an hour.

Back