BigBiscuit

I’ve only been blessed to get to know Bob a little, via this arena and a Facebook group I’m in. His rare sense of humor, and ability to change Knives for the better has been remarkable to behold. Robert, thank you for your humor. When you showed that modified ebony 35 Drover, my jaw literally dropped. Now it’s up to paulhilborn paulhilborn to carry it, and continue its legacy. I will miss yer wry sense of humor and grace, sir. Thank you. I don’t often pray, but I feel the need now.
Thanks, Neal

Well said, Neal. I'd like to add something for Bob also, if I may.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob,

I was too late to get in on your Last Sale earlier today, and how painful it was to read that post. But I'm not too late to say what a great and inspiring presence you have been here in the forums. Although I haven't had the good fortune to get to know you as well as some, I have appreciated the knowledge, grace, and kindness you have always shown here. You have been a steadfast example of the kind of civility and decency which seems so lacking in many other quarters. To me, you are what the Porch is all about---men and women who gladly share their knowledge, who treat everyone---even those who may not always deserve it---with kindness and tolerance, and who by their words and actions inspire the rest of us to be a little better. You are a true gentleman and I salute you.

Thank you for all of it, and know that you are in the hearts and prayers of so many right now, myself included.

Andrew

Words fail me Bob so I will repeat some of Abraham Lincoln's that I know you exemplify

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him"

Gods speed My Friend!
Dave

Bob, thanks for everything you have done to make this place "the porch" a great place to come and visit.

I will always and forever hold a piece of you with me. A thousand thanks for the kind gesture you made to a mere stranger (myself). I can't thank you enough.

I will carry on the tradition of making new porch members feel welcome!!

God bless you and your family!!!!

Sorry to ask but what is going on with Bob? I bought a knife off of him when I first started following this forum and he never forgot my first name. I believe he is the only member here who knows it. He's always made me feel welcome here.

I have had the pleasure of talking to Bob a few times here on the forums and they don't make them any better... God bless you Bob and your family. It has always been an honor chatting with you.

I wish the best to Bob and his family. I got one of my favorite TC Barlows from him. He definitely made these forums much much richer.

Sorry to ask but what is going on with Bob? I bought a knife off of him when I first started following this forum and he never forgot my first name. I believe he is the only member here who knows it. He's always made me feel welcome here.

Bob has been fighting cancer for some time now and his health has recently taken a turn for the worse.

Even in his difficult hours he has reached out to offer me solace during my own troubles. Thank you for everything Bob, God bless you. It has been a privilege, my friend. This place won't be the same without you. God speed, and prayers sent.

My friend Bob, fellow Patriot Fan, fellow knife modder, a kind, honest man. Thought I'd post one of Many knives Bob and I have either gifted, traded or purchased from each other. I have several but this is a favorite. A Northfield Workhorse that Bob ever so slightly reduced the profile of the main to resemble that of a vintage Remington knife.

Pictures for Bob
Lo2oHX.jpg
Heartbroken falls so short of what I feel about Bob. Continuous prayers from me and so many Bob for you, Bo and your family.
A popular text on a Sunday between Bob and I, GO PATRIOTS!!!
I LOVE ya Buddy!!!

Bob, prayers for you and your family, for peace and strength.
In today’s world, decency and civility seem to take a back seat, especially on the Internet. The Porch is a respite from that, and during my short time here I have seen Bob exemplify the finest qualities of this little corner of our world.
Godspeed my friend.

Thoughts & Prayers for you and your family Bob. I haven’t been here too long, but it took me no time to see how well respected & appreciated you are here.

Bob, I know your avatar is not actually your face, but it is the face I know you through, and it is a face I like to see. It is a face that has accompanied words that have brightened my time here on the porch.

It is a face I will truly miss.

You have made this corner of the internet a better place to be. Your spirit and generosity have enriched us all. I am so sorry to hear that this is the last chapter. Thank you for sharing yourself here with us all on the porch.

I wish you peace and love in this time.

Thank you.

Bob, even though I don’t know you, I do know that you are a cornerstone in this Forum and will always be so. I wish you and yours grace and peace. Thank-you for being one of us.

Elliot

Back