BigBiscuit

Bob,
Though our interactions were few I know this place wouldnt be the great place it is without the warmth and friendship you have shown to the countless strangers that stumbled up on the porch and found you here to offer a chair.

Godspeed Bob.
Clay

Last edited:
It's with a heavy heart that I'm going to miss a face I've never seen, a voice I've never heard, and a hand that I've never shook. Although I've only recently had the pleasure of dealing with you Bob, your presence around here has always made the porch a special place. My thoughts are with you, now and forever. Lance

Although I've only just posted on the porch for the first time recently I've admired the spirit of this place for much longer than that. Bob, it seems to me that you epitomize this very warm corner of the internet. You and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

I've also never met Bob in person, but had the privilege to know him on the forum, and the honor to have done a few projects for him. As others have said, Bob's cheerful spirit and generosity are things that make "The Porch" the great place that it is. All that he is dealing with, and you would never know, because his awesome personality and cheerfulness are all you see on the forum. We can all take a lesson from Bob, who is even still now fighting the good fight, in spite of everything.

Bob, it may sound silly, but you have made the world a better place in your own way. Maybe just a kind word for someone having a crappy day, or helping someone to get a grail knife. Those may be small things, but to others, they may be huge. We need a little more of that these days.

Whatever the future holds for you, Bob, may the road rise up to meet you, and your EDC always be sharp, my friend!

Bob,

I have had the pleasure of reading your words, pondering your insight, doing a little horse trading and smiling everytime I see your avatar. I may be just one man, but know you have had the same affect on countless others.

Peace be with you and your family.

It's with a heavy heart that I'm going to miss a face I've never seen, a voice I've never heard, and a hand that I've never shook. Although I've only recently had the pleasure of dealing with you Bob, your presence around here has always made the porch a special place. My thoughts are with you, now and forever. Lance

This is a well spoken representation of my thoughts. Bob, I'll pray for you and your family, and hope that whenever the day comes you are at peace and pain free.

Bob thank you for all of the kindness and generosity you have bestowed on me and others in this forum. Your presence and contributions here have had a positive impact beyond the computer screen into many of our personal lives. As may others have stated before me, that little smiling avatar and the great human being behind it will be missed.

I would like to add that it was far, far, from my place to start a thread like this. After reading Bob’s post in the for sale section, it was all I could think to do. These thing should be spoken while they can be heard. I’ve learned that the hard way too, too many times over the years. To anyone whose toes I may have stepped on I apologize. For those who feel it’s not my place, you are right. I can’t hardly see the screen right now, so I’ll stop-but please, please leave some words for Bob, that is all that matters.
Thanks, Neal

Last edited:
I would like to add that it was far, far, from my place to start a thread like this. After reading Bob’s post in the for sale section, it was all I could think to do. These thing should be spoken while they can be heard. I’ve learned that the hard way too, too many times over the years. To anyone whose toes I may have stepped on I apologize. For those who feel it’s not my place, you are right. I can’t hardly see the screen right now, so I’ll stop-but please, please leave some words for Bob, that is all that matters. Ban me later if you wish, I do not care.
Thanks, Neal

Neal, you did a good thing in starting this thread. Bob has touched a lot of people here and now is the time to let him know that.

Andrew

I would like to add that it was far, far, from my place to start a thread like this. After reading Bob’s post in the for sale section, it was all I could think to do. These thing should be spoken while they can be heard. I’ve learned that the hard way too, too many times over the years. To anyone whose toes I may have stepped on I apologize. For those who feel it’s not my place, you are right. I can’t hardly see the screen right now, so I’ll stop-but please, please leave some words for Bob, that is all that matters. Ban me later if you wish, I do not care.
Thanks, Neal

I see nothing wrong with your post. Bob is a friend to many here and a beloved member of our little community. It’s bittersweet to see these affectionate expressions here, but I think it’s a good thing. Think of it as an internet greeting card for our friend Bob.

Back