BigBiscuit

Even though I don't post often in the forum, I regularly check it daily and read many of the posts. I have never interacted with Bob, but I have seen his passion, enthusiasm, friendship and kindness time and time again in his posts and interactions with everyone here on the "porch". Truly one of the "Good Guys"! After reading all the posts from everyone I can barely see my computer screen since my eyes are flooded with tears and my heart is heavy.

All I can say Bob is may you find peace and comfort in the love of your family and friends as you travel on this next journey. Prayers and smoke for you and your family.

I'm sure God's already got a chair set up for you on Heaven's porch.
Peace,

Bill S.

Sadly I didn't interact much with good old Bob, but like everyone, I noticed what a generous and good person Bob was, a true root, as we say in Slovenia. The porch won't be the same without him. Bob, may your soul find rest and reach salvation.

Bob I'm new here and just love this place. I understand you're a big reason why the traditional forum is as welcoming, friendly, and helpful as it is. Thank you, I am in your debt.

Peace to you and yours Bob. Michael

Also relatively new, especially compared to most in here but even so, there is no escaping the generosity and gentle kindness that is the porch and its members and BigBiscuit stands above it all as a screen name and as a member. My family will be praying as well, hold your head up and we wish you the best!

Matt

Here's a knife that I bought from Bob around Christmas time two years ago. He had added the EO notch and the apple cider vinegar patina which really made this particular knife stand out to me. Since then we've exchanged a few PMs -- Bob gave me some great pointers on achieving a nice, even patina like he did on this #25 -- and we've bought, sold and gifted a few knives between us. I don't know him as closely as some of you, but I'll just say that Bob has always been a shining example of what makes this little part of the internet wonderful. He's always there with a kind word or some helpful advice, and it's always a pleasure to see that cheesy grin on the lefthand side of my screen. @BigBiscuit, you're a special part of this little community here, and you and your family are in our hearts.

DTLa6HB.jpg

O35AFru.png

I would like to add that it was far, far, from my place to start a thread like this. After reading Bob’s post in the for sale section, it was all I could think to do. These thing should be spoken while they can be heard. I’ve learned that the hard way too, too many times over the years. To anyone whose toes I may have stepped on I apologize. For those who feel it’s not my place, you are right. I can’t hardly see the screen right now, so I’ll stop-but please, please leave some words for Bob, that is all that matters. Ban me later if you wish, I do not care.
Thanks, Neal
Neal, please don't think such a thing. There's no "one" that should or should not have started this wonderful thread. One knowing Bob longer than another doesn't constitute who should start this thread for Bob. That's the thing with Bob, you can just meet him or have known him for days, months or years, Bob makes you feel like a lifetime friend. Thank you for starting this in honor of our friend and fellow member of the Porch...Bob:thumbsup:

Bob, your presence on the Porch is one of my favorite things about this place. Like many folks, I love seeing your smiling avatar, and even though I know it's not you it's kind of how I imagine you approaching the world, if that makes any sense. You're a good dude, and you will be missed.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." -- Leonard Nimoy

I think the last post I made was, mildly putting it, a little over wrought. No one has expressed any dislike of this thread or my starting it. Just a little too emotional at the time. Thanks for your understanding all.
Thanks, Neal

Bob is one of a small handful of members that I have communicated with over the years here on the Traditional forum . Our interaction was about a small leather pocket slip and I ended up making one and sending it to him , his enthuisiasm for all things knife was exciting and contagious .

I always try to remember good things , and I do my best to forget the bad .
Bob will be remembered for a long time .

Ken

Neal, please don't think such a thing. There's no "one" that should or should not have started this wonderful thread. One knowing Bob longer than another doesn't constitute who should start this thread for Bob. That's the thing with Bob, you can just meet him or have known him for days, months or years, Bob makes you feel like a lifetime friend. Thank you for starting this in honor of our friend and fellow member of the Porch...Bob:thumbsup:

Well said Paul and while we are on the subject of friends I am also so glad to call you my friend as well as your two cohorts Ron (half stop) and Duncan (Campbellclanman) I think of you guys often and it's always with a smile. Paul I'll call you on the phone this weekend.

Neal you also have become a great friend to me and this is a good thing you've done here.

Bob ... I never had the pleasure to speak directly to you ... but I would like you to know how many you have touched in this little corner of our world ...

So many others have spoken such kind words and praise of you and shared a piece of something you shared with them and they passed it onto myself or others.

God Bless and watch over you and your loved ones ... and know you left your mark ... in the best way with so many with the simple things that we sometimes forget mean the most.

Bob, you are a staple on this forum and we will miss you! Prayers sent for you and your family from Texas!!

So many have already said it much better than I ever could, but Bob, I hope you realize how much of an integral part of the porch you are. Your kindness, generosity, knowledge, and wonderfully modified knives has kept many folks coming back to this great place.

As someone else fighting cancer I wish you all the best in your journey Bob. You've touched the lives of many and made a positive impact, not a bad legacy to leave behind. May there be new knives to enjoy in your next chapter of life.

Bob was one of the first people to show me kindness here and offer me help. A being of whom I think and smile.

Last edited:
My dad also finished his fight with cancer this year. I know, at least a bit, what you're going through and I wish the best to you and your family.

I've only dealt with you once, collaborating a bit on the endless GAW passaround but even then was stunned with your generosity.
Even without much direct contact, I've still felt the benefit of your presence here. You were a staple and pillar of the Porch and your presence will be felt but also missed for years to come.

Be with your family, tell stories, have fun and do your best to enjoy being with the ones you love.

Thank you for everything.

I would like to add that it was far, far, from my place to start a thread like this. After reading Bob’s post in the for sale section, it was all I could think to do. These thing should be spoken while they can be heard. I’ve learned that the hard way too, too many times over the years. To anyone whose toes I may have stepped on I apologize. For those who feel it’s not my place, you are right. I can’t hardly see the screen right now, so I’ll stop-but please, please leave some words for Bob, that is all that matters.
Thanks, Neal

I was quite upset that I did not see Bob's sale thread until it was locked, just to state my appreciation for what he has meant to the Porch. I was glad to see this thread started. Thanks Neal.

Again, Godspeed Bob to you and your family.

Last edited:
Back