BigBiscuit

There are so many good folks on this Traditional Forum, but in the grand scheme of things we can't afford to lose one, not like Bob. I lost my father to cancer . . . I lost my younger brother to cancer . . . I hate and detest this disease with everything in me. Continued prayer for you and your family, Bob, for peace and strength.

Bob, I wish peace and strength to you and your family on this final leg of your journey. You've left a lasting legacy among everyone here, and I am humbled by it. It's so heartwrenching to comprehend the meaning of all this, but I'm glad you're able to see these comments and what a mark you've left on everyone, including me.

Eric

Watching the camaraderie between Bob and his fellow members here at Bladeforums has been a joy over the years. The brotherhood and fellowship shared between you all has been so refreshing in spite of the antisocial societal norm in today’s world.

Bob, you have been a light of inspiration, your kindred spirit has positively affected so many. I would consider myself blessed to have my life and my story be thought of so highly as your’s.

I’m sending prayers your way, God speed and Go Pats!

I won’t keep bumping this, as I believe most folks who wish/ed to post have done so. However, I would guess there are some who may only glance in over the weekend. To everyone who has been so thoughtful and kind as to leave gracious thoughts and great memories, as well as heartfelt farewells : thank you. It can be hard to do. By whatever you revere, you’ve done well. Now I’ll stop sounding like an ass.:):(:rolleyes:
Thanks, Neal

Never consider yourself in that light Neal ... I for one hadn't heard until I saw your post and I am glad you opened this thread ...

If Bob can read it and even his family ... for us to have the chance to let Bob and his loved ones know the lasting memories and mark he left with so many ... I hope they find some peace and strength knowing he lived the way we can all learn a bit from and hopefully pass along to othets that find their way onto the Porch and pull up a chair a sit for a little while.

Last edited:
I can't begin to thank you all for such kind words and statements. I believe much of my reputation may be exaggerated. Lol During my tenure here on the Porch, I simply followed suit of the countless other kindhearted members here. Joining this community has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my latter years. It goes well beyond material gifts between us all. Those acts are but mere confirmation of the stronger bonds of friendship and extended family (which is what I consider it to be).
I apologize for not responding as much or sooner than I would like to. Everything just seems to take so much effort. Even just focusing on the screen and key board long enough to type up a coherent response. I have received many PM's from folks. Please understand that I am responding to them as best I can and will hopefully get through them all. Please be patient.
My family has also read through most of the responses and well wishes and they are also awe struck by the overwhelming sincerity and kindness.
So thank you all and thank you Neal for starting this. Thanks to Gary and Frank for allowing the off topic thread to continue.
I will check in more as I'm able to friends. Much love from the family of Biscuits. :D:D:D:D

lets share some knives we have gotten from Bob. This one was a gift. Bob had heard of my troubles of with using a new knife. He sent one of these special clip 15s, a particular favorite gec pattern of mine. This is one of the gecs that goes in my edc box and despite my hesitation to carry it and risk losing such a sentimental gift, its true intention was to be carried as Bob meant for me to do. Here it was on friday with me in the clinic. Heres to you Bob! Thank you for teaching me a valuable lesson. They're no good just sitting in the tubes sometimes.

9AGGW8b.jpg

IMG_1875.JPG Great idea! I received this one from Bob recently. It's been in my pocket ever since. I was planning on putting a couple of newer acquisitions in the spotlight this weekend, but it just seemed appropriate to keep this one with me for now.

Last January, a surprise showed up in my mailbox. Bob read my posts about my favorite knives: Ebony Bareheaded Jacks (the Platonic Ideal of Pocketknives :D ) and sent me this vintage Russell, along with a lovely note. Thank you so much, Bob. It's a tangible reminder of the lasting friendships and connections we make even over the ephemeral bandwidth of the interweb.

Russell Jack (2).jpg

Neal. Thank you for starting this thread. It's been so heartening to see the level of support. I sent a PM to Bob as soon as I saw his last sales thread a few days ago and I've only just seen this thread. I've never reproduced the content of a PM in the general domain, but I'm hoping Bob won't mind me doing so given the circumstances. Here's what I wrote:

"Hi Bob. I was incredibly saddened to see your last sales thread. You are a generous and knowledgeable member. I don't know what to write here. But I want to wish you and your family peace in the hard times ahead. I've never met you but I know you're a man of good grace. And your humour in various threads has shone through too. I'm thinking of you at this difficult time. And I know there are plenty others doing the same. Again, peace to you Bob. Mark."

Bob responded in his usual generous hearted manner. Go well Bob. Go well.

Back