BigBiscuit

@mrknife thats a great idea! Here is one that Bob sent me shortly after I started hanging around The Porch. It’s nearly the exact same knife I lost as a young boy... one that had been passed down from grandfather to my father. It was an extremely heartwarming and generous gift! Forgive the quality of the image, I actually display it in my home office on top of a pile of my favorite books under a picture of my daughter between bull book ends. All of my favorite things in one corner. Thank you again Bob!

6BAF6C76-0F50-4F1D-BBE0-0546C17A6C6F.jpeg

Here's a few Bob has sent me just because he's Bob.

n9sEDeI.jpg

M4YPfMd.jpg

l2GDyny.jpg

Bob, my fellow Pats fan....I'm so saddened. You have been a wonderful light on this porch....and you know.....you will continue to be. Prayers to you my man!
Peter

For the first time in over a year, Bob and I didn't text during the Patriots game. It's rare we get the game televised in our area so Bob is so instrumental in keeping me and my son Gage up to date. I still text Bob today telling him that our thoughts were with him, to rest and be with family, we got this, as in we will carry on with you in our hearts Bob. Mid game I fired off the ever so common text between us "GRONK"!!! and then the traditional game summary text after the game stating what was good and what needs work for next week. So Bob, take a much needed rest my friend and when strength allows we will text again. Just know even though we missed you that you were here with us today:thumbsup:

Any more pics would be wonderful, or thoughts certainly. All of you, all of you have been very kind and sweet, to offer these messages of love, compassion, kindness, and caring. I tell you, you will feel better for having done so, as will Bob and his family. You guys/gals are the best!!!
Thanks, Neal
Ps-if there isn’t anything else, I’m not going to post again, most likely. Never say never.

@BigBiscuit - Bob, thank you for your friendship. The generous sharing of your knowledge and expertise has been simply amazing. Here's a knife that is very special to me having received it from you. I have benefited by your positive influence in my life and will try to pay it forward. -James
eyg2NmY.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one that I just picked up from Bob during his last sale. It's an honor to own it.

BB57.jpg

I've also had the pleasure/honor of doing some mod work for Bob over the past few years...

bb5 resize.jpg
bb2 resize.jpg
BB 12 resize.jpg

Bob,
You recently won my Christmas in July subscription. By now you should have received two or maybe three issues. It's a one year subscription. So, you hang tough and get all that knowledge. I'm proud to have met you here.
Your Friend, Randy

I'm going to continue the Christmas in July give away and consider naming it in Bob's honor; "Bob's Christmas in July". What do you all think of that idea?

This #56 Dog Leg Jack was a surprise gift from Bob way back in 2015. I remember it well! I had offered to trade Bob out of this knife after he had posted it on Saint Patricks Day. He told me that he liked it as one of his favorite patterns and wanted to keep it. I didn't think anything else about it until a couple of weeks later when Bob asked me for my address. He said he had something he wanted to send me. Then he said "Don't worry it ain't Green!" When I opened the package on arrival, you guessed it, in typical BigBiscuit fashion there was this beautiful green #56. This is one of my most cherished knives from one of my most cherished friends!:)
22066420033_70787c9199_b_d.jpg

Bob,
You recently won my Christmas in July subscription. By now you should have received two or maybe three issues. It's a one year subscription. So, you hang tough and get all that knowledge. I'm proud to have met you here.
Your Friend, Randy

I'm going to continue the Christmas in July give away and consider naming it in Bob's honor; "Bob's Christmas in July". What do you all think of that idea?
FANTASTIC idea Randy and wonderful gesture:cool::thumbsup:

I bought this 73 Osage Orange Scout from Bob. He put it for sale on the exchange shortly after purchasing it back in May 2015. I talked to him and he told me he loved the knife but the pull was just too strong for him to use comfortably. I never even took any pictures, I just oiled her up and put her away. These are Bob’s original photos.
37440926114_d472dc375c_b_d.jpg

38150611251_a61189f059_b_d.jpg

Back