BigBiscuit

What an awesome thread, every one is absolutely fantastic. Randy, Ron and myself are on a group text with Bob's daughter. A long day at the hospital today for the family and decisions to be dealt with that carry a very heavy burden. That said this is so special to see the outpouring of love and affection from all of you for Bob, grandson Bo and Bob's family. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

I posted the #68 earlier that I received from Bob but also this Farmers Jack in ebony with large Spey:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
bRjPmB.jpg

Here is another one I bought from BigBiscuit on the exchange. This one was a run of 100 pcs for a dealer. This is a Queen City 41 Copperhead. It has Rosewood and 1095 in a really thin pocket friendly knife. A fact about our friend Bob that some of you may or may not already know, Bob does not like blade etches. We discussed it once and on a knife that Bob was planning to carry, like the Copperhead shown here, the blade etch was history first thing. :D
21849398023_5000c33152_b_d.jpg

Here's one I got from Bob in one of his many GAW's. Did you guys know Bob is an avid motorcycle fan, he used to race on ice with studded tires! He's enjoyed life so much!
That's AWESOME Mark!!! I can't say for sure if I knew that related to Bob for certain but it sure sounds familiar??? You are correct in Bob lived Life:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ron, you are right, Bob did not like blade etch's:thumbsup: BEAUTIFUL copperhead buddy. It is really neat and very special that we have these knives and fond memories of Bob and the legacy that will go forth:cool:

A painful update to whom all Bob has touched. With a very HEAVY HEART I announce that our friend Bob has passed. Please continue prayers for Bob's family and his grandson Bo. With a pain in my heart and tears in my eyes I type this and yet look forward to the day we all sit together on the Porch. God bless Bob, his family and all here who have lost a dear friend, he will be missed but NEVER forgotten.

A painful update to whom all Bob has touched. With a very HEAVY HEART I announce that our friend Bob has passed. Please continue prayers for Bob's family and his grandson Bo. With a pain in my heart and tears in my eyes I type this and yet look forward to the day we all sit together on the Porch. God bless Bob, his family and all here who have lost a dear friend, he will be missed but NEVER forgotten.
This was news we all knew had to come at some point, but I am sure I was not alone in hoping that point would somehow not actually arrive. It is indeed very sad news.

My condolences and thoughts go out to the family. May his memory be for a blessing.

Very sad to hear that, he will be greatly missed. He has been a very positive presence here and a great asset to this community.

May he be in heaven an hour before the devil knows he’s dead.

Godspeed Bob

Thank you for this Paul. I could not have said it any better and totally echo your words and feelings!

The Forum is in mourning.

We are diminished at this sad moment, but Bob shone a very kind and indeed,brave light here that will never go out for as long as we his forum friends remember him. That is a strength, you suffer no more Bob, but your presence is with us dear friend.

Many thanks, Will

I barerly started following this story a couple of days ago. I never knew Bob or had any dealing with him but I can tell from reading all of these post that he was an outstanding man. God bless you all for the love you have and are showing. God Bless Bob and his family.

Man...I almost didn't click this thread just in case this was the news. So sorry to hear this.

My condolences to Bo and Bob's family, as well as his many friends here. It is a blessing for suffering to end, but it is bittersweet at best. I will continue to pray for those connected to Bob.

We're all going to miss this fine man and the good things he did here. Maybe the best tribute is to simply follow Bob's example, and to jealously guard here on the Porch the tradition of kindness, civility, and decency which he exemplified.

Andrew

Back