BigBiscuit

My prayers for Bob's family and friends. Bob was a man that reached many here, if not all who came into contact with him here, in a positive way. May we continue to learn from him in his passing, may we continue to be enriched with his memory, and may we model the character that he championed.

Bob accepted grace and may that same grace cover those who are suffering. My heart hurts for those who loved him. Yet, as Bob believed, there will be a resurrection and no pain will last from that moment on.

Let us all turn and love those we have today while it is today. Thank you Bob for teaching me to just be thankful.

The tone of prayers across the forum has changed. Bob no longer “is” and is now “was”.

Mourning is not for the dead. The dead are no longer in pain. No longer in sadness. The dead are comfortable, and at peace. The mourning is for the living. Bobs family, Bo especially, and us here.

Bob, Rest In Peace, brother. You’ll be missed in many places, live and digital.

Bob was my friend and a special man. He truly cared for people and was generous to a fault. Though Bob was very knowledgeable of knives he was never above helping anyone from the newest to the oldest member. He was quick to befriend the new comer yet cherished the friendships he made in his time here. Bob and I talked often either by PM, text or phone and he always had time for his friends. We had a lot in common and because of that he and I were able share things I usually keep close lipped about. You never had to try to be Bobs friend because with him it just came natural. We would talk about everything from knives to our families to football and politics. We talked about the afterlife and we both believed and he assured me he had made his preparation to make the journey he took today. This thread is full of the generosity of this man that manifested itself in the gifts he sent to so many. I have several friends here and many of them are very special and Bob was one of them. Paul, Ron and Duncan Bob spoke highly and often of you guys and we often joked of you being either the three Musketeers or the three Stooges we weren't sure which. Jack we would also speak of you and we concluded you are one of the finest young men we have ever had the pleasure to know. So I thank you four guys for all your work on Bo's College Fund and for also being my friends as well as Bob's. Bob may be gone from our presence but he will always be in our hearts and in the spirit of this place we call the Porch.

Rest easy Bob, know you are missed. I can’t begin to say how proud I am, of all who contributed, and those who didn’t, but held Bob and his family close in their thoughts and prayers. I hope that these words, these sentiments, were of some comfort to Bob and his family in his final days. Blessings and smoke on all.
Thanks, Neal

Bob was my friend and a special man. He truly cared for people and was generous to a fault. Though Bob was very knowledgeable of knives he was never above helping anyone from the newest to the oldest member. He was quick to befriend the new comer yet cherished the friendships he made in his time here. Bob and I talked often either by PM, text or phone and he always had time for his friends. We had a lot in common and because of that he and I were able share things I usually keep close lipped about. You never had to try to be Bobs friend because with him it just came natural. We would talk about everything from knives to our families to football and politics. We talked about the afterlife and we both believed and he assured me he had made his preparation to make the journey he took today. This thread is full of the generosity of this man that manifested itself in the gifts he sent to so many. I have several friends here and many of them are very special and Bob was one of them. Paul, Ron and Duncan Bob spoke highly and often of you guys and we often joked of you being either the three Musketeers or the three Stooges we weren't sure which. Jack we would also speak of you and we concluded you are one of the finest young men we have ever had the pleasure to know. So I thank you four guys for all your work on Bo's College Fund and for also being my friends as well as Bob's. Bob may be gone from our presence but he will always be in our hearts and in the spirit of this place we call the Porch.
Beautifully spoken Randy, the feeling is mutual in our friendship for Bob and each other. Duncan rec'd the news at work in NZ and obviously took it quite hard, he took time out from work to call and it was a hard conversation to have while fighting back emotions. Yet we as many are relieved the suffering for Bob is over. Now we move forward with Bob in our hearts and an example of how to treat others. Sunday's Patriot games will not be the same without Bob yet I know he will be here watching with me. It seems appropriate that the Patriots have a bye today, to me I feel it was meant to be:)

Sitting here with my baby girl in my lap. My wife’s 3 boys are here. I made them dinner tonight. She’s happy because all her boys are here. The 5 kids. I just told her “remember that guy....”. She did. “He died today”. The happiness of the evening has a dark cloud for me today.

I know it’s selfish of me to say that. But I had to share with the only people that may understand. I certainly feel and pray for his family. They need it and are mourning much worse. But I guess we have to mourn, as a family of sorts to him, as well.

I hope that the good memories of Bob help His Family and friends to
get through this very difficult time. Bob is on the next adventure and
will be remembered by all who knew him, He definitely left his mark
here on the porch.

Odd coincidence I was cleaning up my message box today and found an old message from Bob wanting to buy a GEC #15 1-arm Razor I had for sale. Glad I was able to contribute to his pocketknife enjoyment.

Rest in Peace Bob.
I came across a recent pm from Bob just moments ago and was tempted to share it here, we had every intention to talk via phone but he just didn't have the strength...man I will miss him!

Like a few others here I never knew Bob although did read his posts over the years having frequented the pages on BFC. Very sad news indeed and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I am also thinking of his many associates out there who have lost a dear friend.

Russell

A very sad day here, that we all knew was going to come. Bob touched everyone he came in contact with and we are all better for him having shared The Porch with us.
Continued prayers for his family and friends, that they can find peace and strength for the difficult days ahead.

I remember seeing this picture of Bob a good while back and I sent him a PM telling him what a nice striper that was, we got to talking lures and stuff, come to find out he made some nice ones hisself.., he was going to make me one, and insisted that it was free, no charge..what a great person...,he had gotten sick at that time and unable to make me one, but just for him insisting on doing it for free was enough for me to know what kind of person he really was in his heart ya know..
We miss ya buddy..!

I've been following this and have been at a loss for words. It's part of the tragedy of living that we have to say goodbye to those we love at some time. I've thought about this as I aged, and it's been more on my mind of late. None of us know how much time we have, so it's important to do certain things. In our short time one this earth, I think we need to leave things a little better than when we arrived. Bob did that with his personality and love of life. He touched a lot of lives here on this forum, and we all are a little better for having known him.

Death is part of life, and we will all have to face it. Bob lived his life and loved those in it, and in turn was surrounded by those who loved him back. A blessing was that Bob had time to say goodbye to those he loved, and they to him. Some don't have that blessed time. A sudden accident, that chest pain that isn't from the pepperoni pizza. Bob had time for his loved ones, and that is more important than anything. The reputation he leaves on his death is a great one. A man who was a strait shooter and who cared. The degree that a man is missed when he passes says a lot about him. Bob will be missed greatly. As Louis L'Amour would have said of Bob, "He would do to go down the trail with."

Last edited:
Back