• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Billy Bob Sowell, M.S. - Damascus and Walrus Ivory folder, REDUCED!

Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (1).jpg
I have two similar Master Smith folders for sale, both by Billy Bob Sowell of Iron Horse Forge. Mr. Sowell earned his ABS Master Smith stamp in 2009 and has won quite a few awards for his work. Both knives are entirely sole authorship and the masterful quality is evident in every detail.

1. Radial Damascus Folder with Ancient Walrus Ivory (the darker one of the two) - $1,095 REDUCED TO $980 This folder features a drop point blade forged from Mr. Sowell's own damascus. The radial pattern damascus is forged from 1084 and 15N20 carbon steels; matching bolsters. This sort of damascus is (for me) easy to examine for hours, finding something new each time. The blade has silky-smooth action and is perfectly centered, effortlessly opened single handed to a sure, quiet lock. The smooth action on this folder rivals the action on any flipper running on bearings. Ancient walrus ivory scales are dovetailed to the bolsters for a perfect fit. The brown and blue tones of the walrus ivory on this folder are spectacular! The colors are natural, the result of minerals moving into the ivory over thousands of years. 15N20 carbon steel liners are heat blued and textured. The liners surround a bold twist pattern damascus backbar. Screws throughout are heat colored and fileworked. Thumbstud with red jeweled cabochon. Blade length - 3.10"; Cutting edge length - 3.00"; Total open length is 7.25", folded is 4.13"; Blade height at heel - 0.85"; Tapered blade thickness near bolster: 0.09"; at midpoint: 0.07"; near tip: 0.03"; overall weight is 3.80 oz.

2. Mosaic Damascus Folder with Ancient Walrus Ivory Bark (the lighter one of the two) - $1,140 SOLD

Never carried and razor sharp from the maker, not sharpened or touched by me. I purchased them new and have carefully stored them. Each knife comes in a black padded zipper pouch.

The prices marked are for PayPal G&S, including USPS priority shipping (with tracking) to USA. I will ship elsewhere but the risk and cost will be completely yours.

Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (8).jpg Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (2).jpg Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (3).jpg

Details on No. 1, the darker one:
Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (4).jpg
Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (5).jpg

Attachments

• Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (6).jpg
    Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (6).jpg
    212 KB · Views: 217
  • Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (7).jpg
    Sowell ivory Damascus LL's (7).jpg
    205 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
If still available I will take number 2 (the light colored "Bark" model). Please send me the paypal address.

#2 is sold and headed to the Great Northwest. Thanks oldrifleman!

Last edited:
Comment from the buyer of No. 2: "I received the knife yesterday and you were right, it is a very special knife❤️." These Sowell linerlocks are thin, balanced, spectacular and an incredible value. I've reduced the price on No. 1, won't go lower. Thanks, DAVID

Back