Bilton or Mini WW2?

So lately I've seen praises for both these knives and both offered on deals of the day. My question for you experts is how much difference is there? Both are around 8 3/4" and 4 oz. The geometry in the photos doesn't look very different. So how are they different and does that affect function? I'm tempted by both/either. For some odd reason my wife seems to think that I have enough knives. She may be right. I have more than I need but not as many as I want. Perhaps someone of you can cure me of my desire. Bawanna comes to mind as a person who could talk me out of buying more HI products. I may have an affliction.

Talk you out of buying more HI products? You definitely have an affliction.
I'm not sure it's possible to have too many HI products..

I'm still working on the ones I need, then I'll start on getting the ones I want, then I'll fill in the gaps.

I saw the DOTD for the Bilton, but I must have missed the posting of the Mini WW2. If that's the choice, I suggest going with the Mini WW2 just because it's a much less common model. The Bilton is one of the HI standard models, but the Mini WW2 is not.

Given that a knife of that size -- among the smallest HI models -- is primarily for modest utility purposes, I would prefer a Micro Mini Bowie to both of the others. There seem to be more MMBs available and it's a very robust knife with a blade shape well-suited to small applications. But in the end it's whatever appeals to you. Maybe you can claim it's a gift for your wife. Sometimes that works, but only once. :)

So lately I've seen praises for both these knives and both offered on deals of the day. My question for you experts is how much difference is there? Both are around 8 3/4" and 4 oz. The geometry in the photos doesn't look very different. So how are they different and does that affect function? I'm tempted by both/either. For some odd reason my wife seems to think that I have enough knives. She may be right. I have more than I need but not as many as I want. Perhaps someone of you can cure me of my desire. Bawanna comes to mind as a person who could talk me out of buying more HI products. I may have an affliction.
The Bilton tip looks to be a bit pointier and the belly is not as wide as the Mini WWI. I have never handled a Mini WWII so I can't speak of it other than it is more rare than the Bilton. The edge bevel of the Bilton is less convex than most other khukuris. I actually cant tell if it is convex, concave or just plain flat. The Bilton is about a 1/4" thick at the spine. Hopefully someone who has a mini WWII or both will chime in with some more info.

I will suggest that you look at the 3/11 DOTD for:
10.5 inch 9 ounce Kumar Karda by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Beautiful checkers work on handle by Bawanna! $85.
These are super useful belt and camp knives.

Dino in Reno

You know, I can't be sure tbh. I called the knife Yangdu sent me a couple weeks ago a mini WWII because it kinda looks like the knives she had listed as mini WWII in another thread.

I'm sure it's a pretty subtle difference. Nice thin spines, sharp thin edge, partial tang. Great little edc.

You know, I can't be sure tbh. I called the knife Yangdu sent me a couple weeks ago a mini WWII because it kinda looks like the knives she had listed as mini WWII in another thread.
I'm sure it's a pretty subtle difference. Nice thin spines, sharp thin edge, partial tang. Great little edc.
I can't wait to see a picture when you are done with it.

I can't wait to see a picture when you are done with it.
I'm actually pretty much done with it. I just need to snap a pic and upload it:D My hole punch broke so I'm still waiting on stitching the sheath I made for it together until I buy a new one.

Works been nuts the last couple of weeks. Sanded the back of a grip to a bird's head and the blade is wearing grapefruit patina:)

Looks like a user now.

Okay, okay, stop twisting my arm. I emailed Yangdu and she said the one I saw was long gone but she had a better one she would let me have at the same price and I took her at her word.So thanks to Steely Gunz for pulling my coat, as they used to say in Chicago, to the Mini WWII and wishes for a speedy recovery from the gym mishap.

Okay, okay, stop twisting my arm. I emailed Yangdu and she said the one I saw was long gone but she had a better one she would let me have at the same price and I took her at her word.So thanks to Steely Gunz for pulling my coat, as they used to say in Chicago, to the Mini WWII and wishes for a speedy recovery from the gym mishap.

You're welcome and thank you:)

I'm fine, btw. I'm laying off the heavy stuff. Taking it easy this week due to a head cold paired with a dog bite...hellova week;) But I'm ok back wise. Doc has me adjusted and doing fine. Spring break is in a couple of weeks. I need to head to my stepdad's cabin and clean up the lake front a bit for him. He just got a knee replacement, so I figured I'd take the little WWII as my belt knife along with a chiruwa AK and a thinner trail clearing model. Hope to get a lot of blisters and end up with a serviceable fire pit:)

Back