BK14 MacIntyre Rig

I'm experimenting with my new BK14 and the MacIntyre Rig concept. Started by adding a set of perfectly fit micarta scales by LMF Joe. Also ground the finish off the spine and squared it off so it will better dig into a ferro rod.
5aIfw8c.jpg

Used paracord with hangman's nooses for the lanyard. Sliding nooses allow for length adjustment.

pHjYuzB.jpg

Thus far, I'm thinking Photon light, button compass from CountyComm, large needle, either a smaller ferro rod with a larger tab or a larger ferro rod with a smaller tab, and a Vaseline cotton ball stored inside a sealed piece of drinking straw.

ua87pj5.jpg

Signal mirror is a perfect fit for the sheath and inner tube. Probably will not use it for EDC but add it when I go into the woods. Also, for the woods, I will add some type of water bag/bladder and a chlor floc packet or similar treatment.

Will likely add another thread option instead of just "guts" from the paracord. Might use braided fishing line. It is still a work in progress.

I'd like to see pics and hear about other rigs.

Last edited:
I completely agree. Pics or it didn't happen. Also, I too have been obsessed with this idea since I got back. I am awaiting some of the last bits to put mine together. I have more info to add once I get mine put together, but I am definitely intrigued to see what you have put together.

Cool. Every so often the boss or someone will mention this rig. Always peaks my interest. One of these days I'm gonna have to play around with making one.

Those micarta scales are pretty awesome... I have been wanting to try making some for more 14 and 11, but I simply have not had the time.

Otherwise, a cool concept for a rig. I am looking forward to seeing what others might chime in with.

Funny this thread came up. I am just now putting a MacIntyre Rig together with my 11. I will post some pics here after I get all the bits and pieces together.

I haven't gone full MacIntyre, but here is my modded 14 (straight clip point with 90º spine on the clipped portion, stripped flats, apple cider vinegar'ed back to black) that I keep in my glovebox. About 3 layers of bank line wrapped around the sheath and a new set of LMF scales that replaced the factory plastic.

IMG_20171009_204258-01.jpeg

Last edited:
It's great to see you guys are getting some use out of this idea. Make it your own. I did this to my neck knife back in 2000 and it has been all over the world with me, including Vancouver Island, but only on the return trip last April.

Pict (AKA Dave McIntyre)

It's great to see you guys are getting some use out of this idea. Make it your own. I did this to my neck knife back in 2000 and it has been all over the world with me, including Vancouver Island, but only on the return trip last April.

Pict (AKA Dave McIntyre)
Good stuff! Thanks, Pict.

Not a Becker, but my current McIntyre rig.

6kK222D.jpg
Nice! I like your selections. What are your thoughts on the stand-up water bags? I'm going to order some ... unless they're terrible.

Back