BK15 Alternative

TP9

Hi

I'm new to Beckers and loving them. I started with an 11 and immediately bought a 16, I am looking to get a 9 but I also have a real need 15. Unfortunately I found Becker knives to late and the 15 is no longer in production. I have been watching eBay but no luck so far. Is there an alternative or knive with a similar blade shape and profile that could fill its shoes? Thanks ahead of time for any responses.

If you are after something pointy tipped, the BK17 would work. Otherwise, nothing else really comes close in the lineup. I would keep your eyes open, probably a few will show up at some point.

List a WTB in the exchange, I bet someone has a spare 15 or two.

I just bought a used very good condition 15 on eBay for a good price keep your eyes out.

I bet someone has a spare 15 or two.
Or three, or four. But I promise, no more than that:D
It will be worth the wait
Or five or six... :rolleyes:

As it gets closer to the end of the year, more are sure to appear on the secondary markets. Just keep a close eye on the Knife Exchange and fleabay (create a followed search with alerts).

If the need is immediate, the Short USMC Kabars 1250 and 1256 should work.

How about a Randall Model 3 or 4? Of course there is a slight increase in price.

The BK5 and BK15s are my favorites so i feel your pain. They are out there and worth waiting for.

There are alternatives out there but pricier and, IMHO, not really better.

As suggested, the BK17 could probably hold you over and is a good knife in its own right.

As suggested, the BK17 could probably hold you over and is a good knife in its own right.

I think the 17 is the furthest from the 15. Sure, that tip comes back a little bit, but only because the spine has been ground away, and it's the least-slicey of the bunch, whereas the 15 is the most-slicey due to the FFG and swedge.

I think the 17 is the furthest from the 15. Sure, that tip comes back a little bit, but only because the spine has been ground away, and it's the least-slicey of the bunch, whereas the 15 is the most-slicey due to the FFG and swedge.

Good points. The 17 does have a pointy point, irrespective of how it got it and can stab a pickle from a jar better than the BK16. However, as you correctly state, it does lack the FFG of the 15 so, in typical Beckerhead fashion, I would then humbly suggest that a FFG BK16 and a BK17 be acquired as hold-overs until a 15 can be secured.

That would leave TP9 will all three Tweeners eventually ... BRILLIANT! :D

I'm wondering if one could grind a ffg 16 into a 15 looking blade? Hmm...

I'm wondering if one could grind a ffg 16 into a 15 looking blade? Hmm...

You'd end up with some weird drop/clip thing. The spine would end up an inch low.

What ARE the good trailing point alternatives out there right now??

Keep the faith, you'll find one. It's worth the wait. 15 is my only Becker :eek: but I'm thrilled with it.

Zieg

You'd end up with some weird drop/clip thing. The spine would end up an inch low.

What ARE the good trailing point alternatives out there right now??

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. The closest thing I've got is a kephart. Condor?

The Schrade 165OT.
It's still in production as a Chinese stainless POS
Find a good vintage USA made carbon steel. They're very sturdy. I don't have all the specs for the USA made but I can say they're well built. There's variations in scale materials but this is the basic delrin.

Back