BK2 arrived...

Ah, my first Becker. I was a bit concerned that the handle might be a little big, but it fits perfectly. Very comfortable. Made a very slight mod by swapping the black screws and nuts for stainless ones and smoothed the edge a bit. I hope to take it out this weekend. I am sorry that I already have an Ontario RTAK II so I can't really justify buying a BK9. So I'll have to console myself with the BK14 and perhaps a Tweener.

Congrats, but, no photos? The natives will get restless. ;)

Congrats on the new BK-2! It's definitely a work horse.

As far as " justifying" a 9, just take your Ontario RTAK & spit a seasoned oak or cedar log with it. I mean really baton it til it either spits the log or gives up and begs for mercy. I bet you'll need a 9 after that! :D
20121221_140252.jpg

The King never quits!!!

Hey, looks good, what the quality of the knife like though?

I'm on to my second, 1st one I got had uneven grinds and was bent, 2nd one I got had even sabre grinds, uneven edge grinds and the spine of the blade was at an angle compared to the scales if that makes any sense ie the hunk of steel doesnt have a square edge on the back

did yours come with the stainless bolts and the white writing? or did you add that yourself?

Bent? Where did you buy it from? I've purchased 3 BK-2's... 2 form Amazon(old style), 1 from Tomar's(new style)... all have been perfect.

from a camping/survival/bushcraft site in the UK

I'm not talking a huge bend, just a fraction of a degree which you could see along the spine, the knife rocked on a flat surface with the scales off

neither of mine have been anywhere near perfect, and these knifes aint cheap in the UK

P

I'm on to my second, 1st one I got had uneven grinds and was bent, 2nd one I got had even sabre grinds, uneven edge grinds and the spine of the blade was at an angle compared to the scales if that makes any sense ie the hunk of steel doesnt have a square edge on the back

did yours come with the stainless bolts and the white writing? or did you add that yourself?

The quality is excellent. No bends and the grind is good. The edge needed a little touchup but nothing major. The white logo is the new laser etching, I believe, and the blade has the new coating. I picked up the stainless bolts and nuts at the hardware store.

sounds nice

everyone seems to get nice bk2's apart from me :p

maybe I'm too picky, but on a USA made knife, I'd at lease expect even grinds, and a squared spine

Never heard of anyone having these kind of problems with any Becker. Mine is flawless and any I've seen or heard of talked about here had no such problems.

My BK2 has the laser etching and the blade "had" the new coating on the blade. I stripped the coating from the blade but left the coating on the tang. I'm a bit disappointed in the laser etching (I wish I had the old school stamp) but love the knife nonetheless.

Becker pr0n

BeckerandBooze_zps9790981b.jpg

Ill trade you a 14 for that RTAK ;)

That knife looks great, I like the contrast of the stainless against the grivory.

The steel pattern is awesome, and it just plain beautiful. Its the best in any knife I've ever owned.

Never heard of anyone having these kind of problems with any Becker. Mine is flawless and any I've seen or heard of talked about here had no such problems.

The one I got a couple of weeks ago also has a slight bend, and an uneven grind at the tip, but not the edge. The edge itself seems even. I debated sending it back, but considering the thing is built like a tank, I'm not worried that the imperfections will cause problems. Besides, it'll give me a better reason to justify a Ritter MK2...:)

Back