BK2 Companion "The Beast"

I will !🤣 I’m thinking the 2 will handle carrots:oops: and it does just not that well as thinker blades 🤪 Funny I’ve neve tried cutting apples or carrots with the 2. I would of thought the 2 would have handled it with ease. Makes sense, you don’t see 1/4” thick kitchen knives for sale and for good reason :thumbsup: on the other hand I have fooled around with the Zomstro in the kitchen it slices stuff quite well and it’s 1/4”. It’s probably the short wedge shape of the 2 that that just makes it split and cut at the same time:thumbsup::thumbsup:View attachment 1607252View attachment 1607253View attachment 1607254
Very nice! It has excellent balance for a knife that size… I greatly prefer it to the Eeesssee 5”. It’s actually quite comfy to choke up onto the outer choil, below ricasso area. With stainless hardware and a patina it can be a lot of chopping fun for the kitchen!

Yeah, someone around here did a ffg, but I can't remember who it was.

has anyone ever taken the 2 to a full height flat grind and a zero edge?

I wish I had a surface grinder... then I'd have all the fun.
A zero edge would be pretty weak. In fact, I think it would deform pretty badly with all that mass at the spine driving a weak edge into material. But thinner than stock wouldn't be bad!

A zero edge would be pretty weak. In fact, I think it would deform pretty badly with all that mass at the spine driving a weak edge into material. But thinner than stock wouldn't be bad!
I guess a secondary would be okaaaaaaaayy......

i've gifted two of them to not quite knife knuts because i figured they'd stand up to the abuse those two dumb dumbs would subject their knives to. so far, so good. i've bought the third, for me, to stick in my tool chest at work.
...because a few months back, a lady at work got stuck in one of our machines. she'd been pulling a belt around a pulley (by hand... if it starts to hurt, stop!!!), to move parts for cleaning (food industry). she wasn't seriously hurt, but her hand was stuck between the belt and pulley. i was caught with my pants down (literally... it was after my shift and i was changing into my street clothes). my colleague and i ran out to the machine with F all in our pockets but those cheap disposable folding razor blades. they worked, but not super smoothly. we cut the belt and she was none the worse for wear... but i felt like an A hole, not having an "OH SH*T!" knife handy. my edc stuff was locked away in my locker so as not to scare anyone. because, you know, knives are scary....
since then, i've taken our company's first aid course and have a sharpened prybar in the mail. which will sit min my tool box, hopefully unused, but ready. just in case.

long story short, bk2's are awesome. while you can't not have a nine, you should probably have a two too.

Yeah, someone around here did a ffg, but I can't remember who it was.

Jerry Fisk at a gathering did mine up. not a zero edge per say, but definitely streamlined...

it's hair popping sharp to be sure

i-drzMWBg-X5.jpg

also did something similar to a BK10, remember those? everything you want in the BK2, but naturally thinner:

i-zCtgbPQ-X5.jpg

Jerry Fisk at a gathering did mine up. not a zero edge per say, but definitely streamlined...

it's hair popping sharp to be sure

i-drzMWBg-X5.jpg

also did something similar to a BK10, remember those? everything you want in the BK2, but naturally thinner:

i-zCtgbPQ-X5.jpg
very cool!

how about all the way up to the spine though?

The BK2 is my go-to kindling splitter/maker. It's shape a size does lend itself to a variety of knife tasks from field dressing game to food prep.

That it's strong, tough a durable are bonuses. I call it the Mack DM800 of knives.DM800.jpg

Do you actually use yours, and for what? Its badass no doubt, but not practical for hiking or camping. Truck knife for end of the world, maybe.
No have it never used but once just too heavy. But i keep it for a car tool kit

Back