BK62 & ❤️ for this forum

its only been a few hours since I received my 62 in the mail, and I have to wake up early tomorrow, but I just can’t stop playing with the damn thing. I can’t thank bikerector enough for helping me work out a trade so my broke ass could get the blade I’ve been dreaming about since before it even existed... Also, just look at that fold-over sheath by Makael.......BAM.

I didn’t have very much time to get the 62 outside today because I was moving boxes and furniture, but I wore it on my belt all day anyways, to see how it felt and how it rides.

It’s next level... crouching, sitting, driving, even taking a break in my hammock, zero issues with the sheath interfering with my movement. This sheath is beyond convenient or comfortable, i can’t see one single thing I would change about it. I’m not even kidding. The quality and attention to detail is just unbelievable.

The fact that it’s “ambidextrous” is an enormous bonus, I can quickly re-sheath the blade regardless of hand position, and not worry about which direction the blade is facing. That’s a huge deal for me, I do a lot of quick sheathing and unsheathing here in Florida while doing yard work and I can’t wait to get this perfect beauty out into the dirt and sweaty,bloody back-yard from hell. My prediction is that this sheath won’t even feel a thing, it was obviously hand crafted for someone like me who uses their gear hard as hell. I use my gear hard, but I treat it very well, this sheath is going to fall in line perfectly with that philosophy. You really have to feel it in person to appreciate it.

Apologies for the incoherence and poorly lit pics, I’ve been awake for damn near 20 hours but I just can’t stop playing with my May 1st Christmas presents. It’s pouring rain outside and I’m sitting here in the house hovering over a trash can making notches and curls (my wife kicked me out of bed due to all the shavings piling up on the blankets, wish me luck please, I might be in deep s**t tomorrow).

The BK62 is the blade I’ve been waiting for my whole life, I just didn’t know it until I picked it up. Will def upload some proper photos once I get a chance to spend an overnighter on my property and really make her earn her place on my belt. Mostly just wanted to thank bikerector and makael. This forum is amazing! AMAZING!

jfz6ILN.jpg

j8wQMrP.jpg

gArhDAD.jpg

Wonder if I can fill up this whole trash can with curls and shavings, and still slice a tomato with breakfast tomorrow...

E9NbRyz.jpg

One more time real quick, thank you bikerector and makael, this made my year, seriously.

Last edited:
Im glad the sheath is working out. A foldover sheath works great. When im camping i typically have my knife on the table next to me or hanging off my camp chair.

I used harness leather on that sheath. Quickly became my favorite leather. From the store Harness leather is too thick to use honestly. Ill split it then build the sheath. IMG_20190429_010444_674.jpg IMG_20190429_010505_435.jpg 20190428_233137.jpg 20190428_233152.jpg

Hey man! Thanks for uploading some proper pics (my old gen 3 phone sucks!). I’m not even exaggerating about the sheath at all, it just exudes quality and function. I’ve owned maybe 5 or 6 custom leather sheaths for different knives like a buck 119, standard usmc kabar, bk9, and a few other popular models but not a single one of them had quality like this.

The fold-over is a perfect match for the BK-62 also. I seriously couldn’t be happier with the combo. I have an edc for when I’m in society, and a separate edc for when I’m on the property doing yard work (we have 18 acres now, it’s a lot of work) and the combo is going to be my “working out back” edc for sure. I’ll get my nicer camera out for some proper pics this weekend. Can’t thank you guys enough, the combo is just literally perfect for me.

Hey man! Thanks for uploading some proper pics (my old gen 3 phone sucks!). I’m not even exaggerating about the sheath at all, it just exudes quality and function. I’ve owned maybe 5 or 6 custom leather sheaths for different knives like a buck 119, standard usmc kabar, bk9, and a few other popular models but not a single one of them had quality like this.

The fold-over is a perfect match for the BK-62 also. I seriously couldn’t be happier with the combo. I have an edc for when I’m in society, and a separate edc for when I’m on the property doing yard work (we have 18 acres now, it’s a lot of work) and the combo is going to be my “working out back” edc for sure. I’ll get my nicer camera out for some proper pics this weekend. Can’t thank you guys enough, the combo is just literally perfect for me.
I need to make on for myself. lol

I need to make on for myself. lol

Yeah man! You really do! Im a huge fan of the “asymmetrical” design, being able to re-sheath the blade regardless of which way it is facing, in between tasks. The stock BK62 sheath is great, but I love being able to drop the knife back into it’s pants no matter which way it’s facing when I finish a task and don’t want to reorient it before putting it away.

Killer work man, I get the strong impression that this combo is going to outlive me, no matter what I throw at it.

That knife is what happens when form follows function (in order of importance).

That's a perfect way of saying it....

Someone early on, when they were first released, called it a "bait knife".... Haha. (It wasn't Me) But I can actually see that.... Now I sometimes affectionately call mine that too....sort of her cute, little nick-name.
For when She's a dirty girl!

I look forward to hearing how that thing treats you in the woods once your move is over brother. Shout out to Makael Makael for helping with the additional surprise for B beckerbrain in a short time frame and just for making sweet stuff.

I think I may have to get a foldover now too, haha. Makael does a great job with those, and his other sheaths for that matter.

I look forward to hearing how that thing treats you in the woods once your move is over brother. Shout out to Makael Makael for helping with the additional surprise for B beckerbrain in a short time frame and just for making sweet stuff.

I think I may have to get a foldover now too, haha. Makael does a great job with those, and his other sheaths for that matter.

Really can’t thank you and makael enough. You guys are truly solid dudes. I absolutely recommend checking out the fold over designs too, especially for something like the 62, since the design gives that much more protection against the elements. It rained all weekend here so I didn’t want to expose the new combo to unnecessary weathering, but I did bring it out for some light duty and then take care of it afterwards. That flap over the top really does keep a lot of the excess elements away from the blade. It’s really a perfect fit for the types of uses I get into. Totally a perfect combo! I’ll post a lot more pics soon!

its only been a few hours since I received my 62 in the mail, and I have to wake up early tomorrow, but I just can’t stop playing with the damn thing. I can’t thank bikerector enough for helping me work out a trade so my broke ass could get the blade I’ve been dreaming about since before it even existed... Also, just look at that fold-over sheath by Makael.......BAM.

I didn’t have very much time to get the 62 outside today because I was moving boxes and furniture, but I wore it on my belt all day anyways, to see how it felt and how it rides.

It’s next level... crouching, sitting, driving, even taking a break in my hammock, zero issues with the sheath interfering with my movement. This sheath is beyond convenient or comfortable, i can’t see one single thing I would change about it. I’m not even kidding. The quality and attention to detail is just unbelievable.

The fact that it’s “ambidextrous” is an enormous bonus, I can quickly re-sheath the blade regardless of hand position, and not worry about which direction the blade is facing. That’s a huge deal for me, I do a lot of quick sheathing and unsheathing here in Florida while doing yard work and I can’t wait to get this perfect beauty out into the dirt and sweaty,bloody back-yard from hell. My prediction is that this sheath won’t even feel a thing, it was obviously hand crafted for someone like me who uses their gear hard as hell. I use my gear hard, but I treat it very well, this sheath is going to fall in line perfectly with that philosophy. You really have to feel it in person to appreciate it.

Apologies for the incoherence and poorly lit pics, I’ve been awake for damn near 20 hours but I just can’t stop playing with my May 1st Christmas presents. It’s pouring rain outside and I’m sitting here in the house hovering over a trash can making notches and curls (my wife kicked me out of bed due to all the shavings piling up on the blankets, wish me luck please, I might be in deep s**t tomorrow).

The BK62 is the blade I’ve been waiting for my whole life, I just didn’t know it until I picked it up. Will def upload some proper photos once I get a chance to spend an overnighter on my property and really make her earn her place on my belt. Mostly just wanted to thank bikerector and makael. This forum is amazing! AMAZING!

jfz6ILN.jpg

j8wQMrP.jpg

gArhDAD.jpg

Wonder if I can fill up this whole trash can with curls and shavings, and still slice a tomato with breakfast tomorrow...

E9NbRyz.jpg

One more time real quick, thank you bikerector and makael, this made my year, seriously.

I feel the same way about mine! Glad you like it so much!!!!

That's a perfect way of saying it....

Someone early on, when they were first released, called it a "bait knife".... Haha. (It wasn't Me) But I can actually see that.... Now I sometimes affectionately call mine that too....sort of her cute, little nick-name.
For when She's a dirty girl!

view

Funny you should say that! Here is is next to a Randall salt water fisherman. The resemblance is uncanny.

Last edited:
Back