BK62 Photos Here

Finished cleaning up the rusty BK-62.
I think it's happy living amongst the cherry branches.

0FRHRVs.jpg

Thereโ€™s something about the vertical lines in your photo, itโ€™s very striking. :thumbsup:

Thereโ€™s something about the vertical lines in your photo, itโ€™s very striking. :thumbsup:
Thanks man. Here's a before and after, to show how much difference there is from the original. GIMP was being weird, had to resize it a bit:

Very happy with the 62 a bargain in my book :thumbsup: but :p while the hardware is quality it will have rust issues down the road where you can't see . I went with plain Stainless and not the black oxide. Right off the bat you have to flatten the head a little. I also heated them to dull the sheen . Just sharing a change o_O
Hope the pics explain :rolleyes:
View attachment 1027060 View attachment 1027061 View attachment 1027062 View attachment 1027063 View attachment 1027064

Used a fine sanding sponge to remove any wood above the tang and mineral oil. I'mreally liking this Knife ;)
Hey x, how did you heat them? Torch or oven? Did you coat them with some type of oil prior to heating?

One more...whats the trick to sanding the heads of the screws. I'm limited to basic supplies any ideas?

Hey x, how did you heat them? Torch or oven? Did you coat them with some type of oil prior to heating?

One more...whats the trick to sanding the heads of the screws. I'm limited to basic supplies any ideas?
I used a oxygen acetylene torch . A little propane or map gas will work just fine . No oil just get red hot let em air cool,done. You could use a file put a nut in a vise snug it and file away :D I used a bench grinder :thumbsup: hey just had an idea pliers and a gas stove would probably work for heating the screws if you don't have a torch of any kind. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey, thanks guys. So, I got the lighter scale on the 62 stained to match the other, kinda,... its way better anyway. Then grabbed some stainless tweener and 62 hardware. Did the oil trick, and it definitely works. Then I saw a big butane torch lighter on top of my frig....muwahhahahaaaaa. Took em to the grill, hit em with the butane torch, took a minute, but it all worked out!

Just throwin this story out there to say thanks for helping out!

Here's some shots from a few random adventures this month! Loving the 62!!

mmmmm pitchwood.
aIxdq5Sl.jpg

C1MlDTzl.jpg

AfnCSXCl.jpg

5qHQnkMl.jpg

RBjiJf1l.jpg

DSdbquQl.jpg
It is a sweet blade. Haven't used it near as much as I want to. Was thinking about heading south this weekend, as the temps are gonna be in the 50's, but I'm trying to save money for a little purchase I've been wanting for some time now.

Back