BK62 Scale Fix

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
As you know, I modded my 62 some time ago, to give it that aged look. Never was overly crazy about how my scales turned out. The dents didn't bother me, but the scratches did. Anywhos, I sanded them down some, to lessen the depth, and clarity of the scratches, and then applied several coats of Watco Danish Oil.

Here is a photo of my 62 taken at the cabin a few weeks ago. My scales are the ones not on the knife:

After sanding and oiling:

Other side:

After sanding and oiling:

I also sanded and applied oil to the scales that were gifted to me. They were dry as a bone. Always nice to have a spare set:

Happy how they turned out. Not only do my scales look better, they still appear to be aged, and will even more so when I start using them again, from the oils and such from my hands.

Sure does man, and thanks. I hated the scratches.

Thanks man. It does indeed.

An old wood working trick I learned is.... to put a drop of water or so on the dent, deep scratch, depression.... Then instantly put a Hot clothes iron onto it.
It will POP, and often lift the dents out of the wood.

light sanding after it is all dried will blend it out nicely.

An old wood working trick I learned is.... to put a drop of water or so on the dent, deep scratch, depression.... Then instantly put a Hot clothes iron onto it.

Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™ve done forever on surplus military stocks.

Thanks for the heads up. Like I said earlier, it was the scratches that bothered me, I kinda sorta liked the dents.

Although the lighting isn't the same, I guess it would have been better to do this:

Or GIMP, as it were.

Thanks man.

Back