BK62

Hey Don... Please take and post your impressions and pics..... Thank you in advance... E
I bought this knife for myself for Christmas. I really like the knife. It is especially neat that it was designed by a knife maker I respect, from an original that he owns, and with which he is intimately familiar. That is why I bought it. I suppose it is not a “museum-quality” duplicate of the original (blade being full flat instead of convex, and nuts instead of rivets- which I don’t mind) but I think it is highly functional, and as EB himself said, probably as close as you are going to come from a production run knife. Well done, Ethan Becker and Ka-bar! I love this knife (I also love my BK9 - just sayin’...)! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

Well said Undeadpoet.
Besides being a wonderful handy-dandy woodsman's knife, the Kephart - Becker - Kabar makes for an affordable classic that was very knicely done as a production knife.
The K-B-K is A-O-K!

First to Tanglediver.... It was designed by Kephart and made by Colclesser Brothers in Pennsylvania..... The knife Kep owned and used was the slightly shorter version.....Grip and grind and blade profiles were identical......

To the undead one.... Thank you for the kind words... BTW, I hate cutlers rivets as they always loosen up after time....Sooo- threaded fasteners.... and Merry Christmas to you and yours.... e

First to Tanglediver.... It was designed by Kephart and made by Colclesser Brothers in Pennsylvania..... The knife Kep owned and used was the slightly shorter version.....Grip and grind and blade profiles were identical......

To the undead one.... Thank you for the kind words... BTW, I hate cutlers rivets as they always loosen up after time....Sooo- threaded fasteners.... and Merry Christmas to you and yours.... e

Thank you for the reply, sir. Totally agree about the rivets. I like your handles, and I think you successfully incorporated a more “secure” feature into this classic design. Two thumbs up!!

Not a criticism in any way just a thought. If the knife had slotted screws and square nuts like on an old stove it would give it an old look while maintaining a vintage look. Ed

Last edited:
Took my new Becker Kephart to my sister's yesterday. My brother-in-law asked if I was going to use it, Told him it mostly had the factory edge at the moment. I had started working on it with a extra fine DMT, but it still needed work. He decided to sharpen it to his standards which generally exceed mine. The knife was stropped to razor sharp. We'll see how it does when I hit the woods the first time with it. As he said, we'll see how the edge holds up. No more toothy factory edge.

I also took along the new traditional forum's 2018 two blade Buck 301. He liked it. Asked where I got it.... I think he is going to try to scrounge one up for himself. Told him it was a special order thing that started months ago.... He didn't sharpen it. Knows I am undecided as to what I'm going to do with it.

Last edited:
OK. Discussion of this knife brought me to BladeForums. (I see a few of you I recognise from BCUSA.)

I really like the brass screw mod above. Looks classy. (Not that this knife isn't near perfection already...just got mine this afternoon and I'm totally in LOVE.)

Question though...Has anyone added liners to one of these yet? I kind of like the thin profile of the handle, but am wondering if another 1/4" or so would fit my hands even better.

OK. Discussion of this knife brought me to BladeForums. (I see a few of you I recognise from BCUSA.)

I really like the brass screw mod above. Looks classy. (Not that this knife isn't near perfection already...just got mine this afternoon and I'm totally in LOVE.)

Question though...Has anyone added liners to one of these yet? I kind of like the thin profile of the handle, but am wondering if another 1/4" or so would fit my hands even better.
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. I responded to your post at BCUSA, congrats on the new blade. I don't remember seeing liners yet. People talked about it, but I don't remember seeing any yet.

Welcome and Congrats on a Absolutely Cool knife :thumbsup:
Haven't used mine much as of yet. The only thing I did was make mine a tad more thumb push cut comfy and a hardware change. Done and ready the way I like it :)
IMG_3774.JPG

While not a modification on the knife, I DID add a dangler to the sheath within the first hour of getting it in the mail. :)
dangler-jpg.645321

Back