BK62

New '62 sheath

IMG-20190219-090053.jpg

IMG-20190219-095905.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah man it looks very classy, love the look! I bought a pack of user extras for a bk16, extra grips, sheath, stainless hardware, and it came with two thin slabs of red micatra. I sized them up to the 62 when I got it and it looks like it will work. I just wasnt sure about messing up the flow/ergos of the knife.
So, when you do the brass are you going to skeletonize it a little or go with solid slabs?

So I liked my plastic liners so much, I decided to step it up a notch....I replaced them with brass. They are .050" thick each. The handle feels great! Much fuller. I didn't weigh the knife yet but it probably doubled it? It's Very substantial feeling now. The ballanb point is right in the hand. It's not blade heavy for sure!

Initially I made them perfectly sized to the full sized tang. They looked beautiful.
But since the scales (at least Mine) are undersized, it felt lousy.... I could feel the edges on the brass, and it was uncomfortable. I decided to grind them down to the scale dimensions. I don't think they look nearly as nice now, but they feel wonderful....and it's a working knife. I epoxied the brass to the Walnut so there is no chance of shifting.
I really like it.

closest diesel station near me

So I liked my plastic liners so much, I decided to step it up a notch....I replaced them with brass. They are .050" thick each. The handle feels great! Much fuller. I didn't weigh the knife yet but it probably doubled it? It's Very substantial feeling now. The ballanb point is right in the hand. It's not blade heavy for sure!

Initially I made them perfectly sized to the full sized tang. They looked beautiful.
But since the scales (at least Mine) are undersized, it felt lousy.... I could feel the edges on the brass, and it was uncomfortable. I decided to grind them down to the scale dimensions. I don't think they look nearly as nice now, but they feel wonderful....and it's a working knife. I epoxied the brass to the Walnut so there is no chance of shifting.
I really like it.

closest diesel station near me

Nice work man. I'll bet that feels way different.

Nice work man. I'll bet that feels way different.

It's only weird because I have both versions.
The original is Perfect for my daughter, but this one just feels right now. Not totally sold on the extra weight though? In the hand, it's great, but still..... If I do another one, I might bore some holes in the scales to lighten them up? Idk.

It's only weird because I have both versions.
The original is Perfect for my daughter, but this one just feels right now. Not totally sold on the extra weight though? In the hand, it's great, but still..... If I do another one, I might bore some holes in the scales to lighten them up? Idk.

If you mimic a skeletonized tang you can scoop a lot more weight out of brass liners. Drill the corners out of any shape which fits your need and join the drilled holes by cutting with something like a coping saw.
0fHTYPH.jpg

Back