BK9 Question

I have acquired an older BK9 a while back. It's Camillus made and in tan/sand colors. Before I make it MY knife, I was wondering if there is any collector value to it versus a modern Ka-bar. It is used, but lightly.

A BK91 would have some value to collectors...especially unused, with correct box. We can't get into details regarding how much value (check the rules). Given that it is already used, might as well make it yours and use it some more.

Used or not, most Camillus BK9's have some collector value, especially the sand-n-brown ones. Got the matching sheath, box, and papers? $$$

If *I* were going to mod a BK9, I'd sell the Camillus and get a newer Kabar with laser-etched logos. And then use some of the leftover Camillus-money to get a nice kydex sheath.

Last edited:
BoAtUY2wtm2n4ctA9
Trying to post images, test 1

3FqMbPyeE2vDhGxd8

BoAtUY2wtm2n4ctA9

Last edited:
That's a very collectable Desert BK7! :thumbsup:

Again, I'd sell that Camillus and get a newer Kabar laser-etched BK to make your own.

Thanks for fixing the pictures. I picked this up off craigslist a while back and added the Kabar molle sheath (came with the Remora). No box or paper work. I haven't used it much. I have been kicking the idea around about stripping, forcing a patina, micarta grips, maybe little grinding here and there. I'd hate to a some what rarity though.

Thanks for fixing the pictures. I picked this up off craigslist a while back and added the Kabar molle sheath (came with the Remora). No box or paper work. I haven't used it much. I have been kicking the idea around about stripping, forcing a patina, micarta grips, maybe little grinding here and there. I'd hate to a some what rarity though.

I'd keep it As Is.... save it, or sell it. It's special.
buy a different one to Beat on!
haha. Hell, I'd trade you Mine. ;P

however, ultimately it's yours to do what you want.....

Cool knife.
You don’t see many of those Desert variants pop up very often.

Back