Bk9 vs Junglas 2 what to get

Vos

Hi, I am hesitating between bk9 and junglas2. I am not going to take down trees with them just normal chopping. Does anyone have any experience with both blades? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Get the BK9 and use it. It chops and batons exceedingly well while still being balanced and light in the hand enough to do most other camp tasks. The handle is smaller on the 9 but fits large hands like a glove in my opinion, while the Junglas scales are considerably larger. I have and use both, and while I do enjoy using the Junglas, it doesn't do anything that the 9 can't do and is considerably more expensive out of the box. The Junglas sheath is quite good, but the 9 sheath works just fine as is. I find myself reaching for the 9 with greater frequency than the Junglas even indoors; it splits a rack of ribs and carves the ham most magnifico :cool:

Edit* just noticed you referenced the Junglas 2 where I was referring to the original Junglas. The 2 is smaller than the original, and I don't have experience with it but I'd imagine it performs very similarly to the original. I would still vote BK9.

I've owned and used both pretty extensively. My pick would be the BK9, all day, every day :thumbsup: Becker is the better company to support. Ethan won't call you an asshole if you have to send a blade in for warranty repair, not that you would need it. :thumbsup:

I've owned and used both pretty extensively. My pick would be the BK9, all day, every day :thumbsup: Becker is the better company to support. Ethan won't call you an asshole if you have to send a blade in for warranty repair, not that you would need it. :thumbsup:

What if I am an Asshole?

I'd kinda like it if Ethan called me out!
Hahahaha!
Can anyone make That happen? ;P

PS I was talked into the 9 here, and I don't regret it.

I haven't owned or tried the Jungla II ... but have used the original Jungla for years it is a capable blade no doubt ... I then bought a BK9 and it will do anything the Jungla will ...

with a better grip IMHO ... and I have to agree I was turned off Esee knives ... not from quaility but from the way they conduct themselves ...

if it were me I'd get the BK9 and never look back.

I have a BK9 and the original Junglas. For the $ the 9 is the way to go. I love the Becker scales

The junglas 2 is the same price if not more than the original. For that money I'd take the extra length of the original

dHtfCEt.jpg

fNhOteo.jpg

haven't tried the J2 -- like the original quite a bit, and was confused to see that the shorter version costs more.
that said, for the price of a J2, you can get a 16 and a 9 with change left over for a pizza and carbonated beverage of choice.

I can’t answer about Esee.

What I can say is that Ethan Becker and Ka-Bar are class acts. Their product and customer support is second to none. :thumbsup:

Most definately agree! I got into beckers about a year and a half ago started with a bk-2 and an okc 18in machete which lead to a couple bk-16s which are unbelieveable words cannot describe. Also got into benchmade folders which led me to BF. Then around the holidays I found out about the bk-62 and this particular beckerhead forum (as well as being introduced to Horace Kephart)...Fantastic...you guys are great. To sum it up, I have a bk62 enroute and I realized that I was a beckerhead before I even knew what it was called.

Lately, Ive acumulated enough folders that im back to fixed blades and recently was also looking at the 9 vs junglas, or figuring that maybe my 18in okc machete and a 2&16 would cover it?

I generally camp for about 8 day stretches around 3x per year...the rest of the time, well Im just waiting for the next trip. Cant believe ive just now discovered Kephart. Thanks Ethan and BF!

Hey fellas, first time becker poster here. Whats the story with the way esse conducts themselves, sounds juicy!

they make perfectly functional stuff.
I met E at an ESEE gathering at Jeff Randall's place.
they are friends with E and this is his house
we don't speak ill of E's friends in his house
:)

Didn't see this, but I agree with what vik is saying. :thumbsup:

Back