Photos Black Black Canvas Micarta

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Dyed black Canvas Micarta Comp Finish Forsaken Gemini...black leather dye idea from other DIY threads here on Busse sub and advice from Dwayne and Chip. Thanks!

I like the old school black/green black canvas too, especially when it gets hand oil patina...

BUUUT >>>> true black + bare INFI + polished tubes = classy cool :cool:

just like a tux and a black tie...never goes out of style! :cool:

she's got the look of G10, but the comfyness and weight advantage of canvas mike >>> win:thumbsup:/win:thumbsup:

@whupash black kydex pancake w/nickel plated eyelets puts the finishing touches on the rig...thanks Aldo!

0tUhasq.jpg

hrNJQEV.jpg

kUqhaty.jpg

0S1oaON.jpg

Do you have a before and after picture?

hell no... like a dumbass I got excited about dyeing it and didn't take any pics :mad:

and there wasn't even any posted up in the sales thread I scooped her out of, either. :rolleyes:

but of course it looked exactly like all the black canvas coming out of Wauseon nowadays, nice, but I just wanted to switch things up a little

That came out very nice !!!! Very rich black color :thumbsup:

Very, Very nice! Good to hear it worked out for you! I'm now looking at a couple of my non finished handles and thinking....... :D :D :D

Looks great Brother! How did you dye it? I thought some dyes you need to remove the handles and boil them. I’d love to do this to a bunch of mine.

That wouldn't possibly be the same Aldo I may have met some years ago, peddling metal stock out of his old van, at a hammer-in type scenario some years back? ;)
That is awesome! And you got my dude Aldo to make a sheath for you too. Win!

Looks great Brother! How did you dye it? I thought some dyes you need to remove the handles and boil them. I’d love to do this to a bunch of mine.

Why remove the handles? If heat's the issue, you'd destroy the micarta handles long before you could get it hot enough to damage the INFI. Boiling water is about 600 degrees below what it would take to damage INFI heat treat.

Thanks Twiz!

You're thinking of maybe RIT dye...and I've read about some HOGS using RIT. But it's my opinion also that JTT is correct about everything he said up there^^^.

I used Fiebings because Dwayne gave me some nice advice about it after I PM'd him about it. I just put on some Harbor Fright latex gloves and made a little pad outta some cheesecloth like stuff I had laying in a drawer. I dabbed it on the flat areas with that pad and slowed down and applied with a q-tip around the tubes and edges near the tang and pommel areas.

Back