Black Leather Sheath for Case XX Bowie

Hello all! New here. I apologize if this is the wrong category to post this under but..

I have had my eye on the Case XX bowie as my next edition to my collection. However, for purely aesthetic reasons, I want a BLACK leather sheath for it, instead of the standard brown it comes with. I intend to carry it on my gun belt, which is black, as well as the holster. Again, this is purely an aesthetic thing for me, as I do not believe it would look right. (I know aesthetics are not really important at the end of the day as compared to functionality but just humor me)

I have found they sell certain versions of this knife with a black sheath, but you cannot just buy the sheath itself, you have to buy the knife itself to get it, but these are usually more expensive older models ($200-$400 roughly as compared to the plain blade version which is usually around $150) or they have an inscription/artwork imprinted or engraved into the blade of the knife itself, which is not my taste. I like my knives old school, plain and functional.

I have spent an ungodly amount of time trying to find a black version of the sheath on it's own but no luck

Can anyone help point me in the right direction for an alternative sheath?

I'll try to post links for reference but im browsing on mobile atm and it's not working properly.

Thank you,
Ivar

Hello all! New here. I apologize if this is the wrong category to post this under but..

I have had my eye on the Case XX bowie as my next edition to my collection. However, for purely aesthetic reasons, I want a BLACK leather sheath for it, instead of the standard brown it comes with. I intend to carry it on my gun belt, which is black, as well as the holster. Again, this is purely an aesthetic thing for me, as I do not believe it would look right. (I know aesthetics are not really important at the end of the day as compared to functionality but just humor me)

I have found they sell certain versions of this knife with a black sheath, but you cannot just buy the sheath itself, you have to buy the knife itself to get it, but these are usually more expensive older models ($200-$400 roughly as compared to the plain blade version which is usually around $150) or they have an inscription/artwork imprinted or engraved into the blade of the knife itself, which is not my taste. I like my knives old school, plain and functional.

I have spent an ungodly amount of time trying to find a black version of the sheath on it's own but no luck

Can anyone help point me in the right direction for an alternative sheath?

I'll try to post links for reference but im browsing on mobile atm and it's not working properly.

Thank you,
Ivar

Maybe try posting here too, welcome to BF buddy.

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sheaths-such.820/

There is also the option to possibly instead go with a Buck 124 frontiersman Bowie.
If you want the case you want the case and I don't blame you, but the Buck sure is beautiful and it's black phenolic handle and black sheath would match your gun belt very well.
That is assuming you're not talking about a Cowboy action shooting scenario then the 124 wouldn't fit the roll as well.

If it is a brown leather sheath, you can try giving it a good rub with alcohol and dye it black with leather dye before getting a new sheath.

Back