Black Void Opus

Does anybody know a release date and specs to the Black Void Opus? Is there any place to pre-order? Thanks

Not yet. WE KNIFE hold that information tightly until the actual release date. Even if I asked them I would normally get an answer like "soon" or "in the new few months".

Even this month they released the much anticipated "SNECX Mini Buster" and CIVIVI "Dogma" only to then say "sorry these will now be released in June". This is the first time I've seen them put back knives a month. Sometimes there's a few days delay. I expect this virus mess is causing all sorts of problems especially with shipping.

Maybe David knows - he is the WE KNIFE rep here on the forum. Or you could try asking Justin Lundquist on his Instagram account.

The estimated release date for the Black Void Opus is still the same as before.

The Covid-19 situation has not slowed our production at the factory since we have had no infections (fingers crossed). But it has caused delays in shipping which we unfortunately cannot control. The result is that we may have the models ready approximately at the pre-planned time, but it will take a bit longer to get to dealers and show up in inventory.

Reactions: AF
The estimated release date for the Black Void Opus is still the same as before.

The Covid-19 situation has not slowed our production at the factory since we have had no infections (fingers crossed). But it has caused delays in shipping which we unfortunately cannot control. The result is that we may have the models ready approximately at the pre-planned time, but it will take a bit longer to get to dealers and show up in inventory.

Well that's good to know. I do know about the shipping delays which are terrible at the moment. It's affecting everyone.

I really hope there's a mistake in the specs. A 4.20" handle is awful long for a 2.84" blade. I even think 4" is a little too long. I may have to pass on this 1.

Here's the video - looks like there's an extra amount of handle length both back and front.

Reactions: JAB
Here's the video - looks like there's an extra amount of handle length both back and front.

Thanks for the video. I was really looking forward to this but I'm really happy with the size of my Kizer Feist and Civivi Mckenna. It seems like the blade should be slightly longer with the longer handle on the Black Void Opus.

Another thing is the price hasn't been revealed yet and I'm thinking it might be around $275-$300 with the materials that I've seen listed. The $275-$300 price is another big negative for me and I'd really prefer S35VN for under $200.

Regardless, it does look like an interesting knife. There really aren't that many front flipper options out there and they've became my favorite fidget knives for the time being.

Last edited:
It seems like the blade should be slightly longer with the longer handle on the Black Void Opus.

Another thing is the price hasn't been revealed yet and I'm thinking it might be around $275-$300 with the materials that I've seen listed. The $275-$300 price is another big negative for me and I'd really prefer S35VN for under $200.

Regardless, it does look like an interesting knife. There really aren't that many front flipper options out there and they've became my favorite fidget knives for the time being.

All good points. Also I've had a few customers tell me the strange chisel grind puts them off. Then again I've already got pre-orders for them.

I’m really looking forward to this one and think the grind actually adds a cool element to it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m really looking forward to this one and think the grind actually adds a cool element to it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm not a fan of front flippers personally but this one looks easy to open. The whole design of the knife looks pretty cool, the chisel grind is something different and I would buy one just on it's looks. Hopefully they up the blade steel to M390 or 20CV because as Detroit1980 says it doesn't look like it will be a cheap knife. Still I expect they will sell very well.

I'm not a fan of front flippers personally but this one looks easy to open. The whole design of the knife looks pretty cool, the chisel grind is something different and I would buy one just on it's looks. Hopefully they up the blade steel to M390 or 20CV because as Detroit1980 says it doesn't look like it will be a cheap knife. Still I expect they will sell very well.

Blade hq has it posted as 20cv, also a g-10/ti/cf model. I would have liked it to have a larger blade but i'll still buy it.
The FF action and design looks similar to TBC, which has an amazing feel and got me more into front flippers

Justin Lundquist, the Void is such a beautiful blade -- I hope you will reissue it without the chisel grind.
I understand that you have aesthetic reasons but, sadly, it is a deal-breaker for me and I have been so waiting for your latest design.

Blade hq has it posted as 20cv, also a g-10/ti/cf model. I would have liked it to have a larger blade but i'll still buy it.
The FF action and design looks similar to TBC, which has an amazing feel and got me more into front flippers

I’ve never seen Justin on this forum so you might be better to give him that feedback on Instagram where he is active every day. He might put out both versions as there are others who don’t like the chisel grind as well. A standard even grind and longer blade model sounds like it would sell well.

What's the status of the Black Void Opus? I like the specs and dimensions except for the chisel grind.

What's the status of the Black Void Opus? I like the specs and dimensions except for the chisel grind.

I left him a message on Instagram but I expect he will say "ask WE KNIFE". And even being a good little dealer they wont tell me much either.

According to the few specs I've seen it has -
blade steel - 20CV
blade length - 2.875 inches
blade shape - chisel grind
handle materials - titanium with either G10 or carbon fiber inserts
front flipper opening

It's a small knife as can be seen in this comparison shot with the Angst which has a 3 inch blade and 7 inch overall length.

Here you go - direct from Justin's brain to your screen.....LOL

"CPM20CV
Cutting edge is 2.75 inch
Overall length around 6 3/4 roughly
I don’t know the weight

I think it’s due Oct - Nov"

The Black Void Opus was officially released on the 28th of September - in 4 different models. Two with black blades and two with stonewashed blades.

Back