• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

blackjack bushcraft, bark river clax

disduster

Gold Member
no trades
paypal please
US only
18 and over
ships usps

new and unused blackjack bushcraft companion
red linen micarta, i added green liners some years ago. When i did that i did have to countersink the screws a little bit more so the threads bit a bit more, still just as solid as when i got it. Blade is uncoated 1095 and with handling over the years does have some staining here and there. Also for full disclosure when i first removed the scales to add the liners there some rusty fingerprints under them, i steelwooled them off bit a light coating of oil and put them back on. Maybe i should of sent it back to bark river so they could tell me whose they are. They make blackjacks by the way. Solid hefty field knife either way.
  • Overall Length: 9"
  • Blade Length:4.125"
  • Blade Steel: Cryo-Treated 1095 @ 58rc
  • Blade Thickness: .170 Inch
  • Weight: 7.375 Ounces

95 shipped
Untitled by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr

I've had this for some time and it needs to find a new home. Used and sharpened and modded clax in blue glow g-10. I played around with it a bit it's a great chopper, but wanted a single edge for batoning and just general safety and just took a bit of the one edge off. When i did that i did take the grind just past the tip. Anyways the ground off edge is still plenty thin to easily put a edge back on yourself should you desire or send it back to bark river and have them make it new again. The included leather sheath i dyed black. I will also include a black baldric rigg in this sweet deal.
Overall Length: 16 Inches
Blade Length: 10.5 Inches
Blade Steel: N685 Bohler @ 58rc
Blade Thickness: .275 Inch
Weight: 22 Ounces
130 shipped

I almost bought this for the baldric alone :D
It was a sweet deal and I can’t believe it lasted this long :thumbsup:

Reactions: BSW