Blackjack Neck Knife 155 Thoughts...

Hi folks

I've just pulled the trigger on a Blackjack Neck Knife 155. Was looking for a small fixed blade to use as a utility knife with a convex grind, Was tempted by several Bark River offerings but they all seemed to offer either to little blade or too little handle! I'm not into tactical knives but this was hard to resist at the price with convex grind and 154cm steel:)

I've ordered the scales too, opinions from users much appreciated, particularly with regard to working green wood, enough handle, comfy? good cutter?

All contributions gratefully received:)

Sam

I love mine. Got the satin finish with the green micarta. Perfect edc knife, had a custom sheath made because the one that came with it left a little to be desired (wasn't terrible though). Came real sharp, grind is great, and offers about the same amount of hand grip as an izula. Love the steel, don't have to worry about rust like with some other high carbon steels. I think you will love the knife!!

Sam,

Unfortunately I can't add anything constructive to your thread as I am in a very similar position - I too tend to be 'tactical-shy', avoiding overtly tactical looking knives however I have also ordered one of these BJ Neckers for all the reasons you list.

The only thing I didn't add were the scales as I'm rather thinking that this could be a small blade to match my "un-tac'ed" BJ Tac-Ops $, where I'd make my own cocobolo scales:

Thanks for all the thoughts folks,

Peroni 1973, great minds! I also thought this knife looked like an easy one to fit my own scales to. I've ordered the micarta scales to try the knife out and for rough utility use but may make some nicer scales if I really take to it. Couldn't be an easier knife to do it to:)

Sam

It's a great little fixed blade. I have the green one with the green micarta, I had the knife for a few months before I got the handles and all I can say is that they make they world of a difference. The sheath is nothing great, but it works. I've been looking around to get a custom one done though as I think it would make it easier to carry. Congrats on your purchase!

I just got a satin one along with the natural micarta scales... So far, I enjoy it. The blade shape is certainly more interesting than your standard drop point (the tip is great for piercing) which along with the convex grind drew me in. Mine came very sharp with perfect fit and finish, and the same can be said for the scales. The sheath retains quite well, but I'm sure it could be improved. I'm used to the molded plastic sheaths of the BK11 and Izula, which I've decided I like a little bit better because they're easier to draw the knife from with one hand (pushing with your thumb).

The only thing I haven't warmed up to fully yet is the handle; it's a little bit shorter than the Izula handle, which means you're going to struggle to get a four finger grip on it. Furthermore, there's nothing to stop your index finger from sliding into the sharpened portion of the edge like there is on an Izula or BK11. A bigger finger choil would have helped there. Also, I have yet to find a real use for the giant lanyard/carabiner hole at the end. I have very slender fingers and I still find it hard to comfortably hold it like a karambit.

I love mine. Got the satin finish with the green micarta. Perfect edc knife, had a custom sheath made because the one that came with it left a little to be desired (wasn't terrible though). Came real sharp, grind is great, and offers about the same amount of hand grip as an izula. Love the steel, don't have to worry about rust like with some other high carbon steels. I think you will love the knife!!

Mind posting a pic of your sheath?

Mind posting a pic of your sheath?

no problem, here you go -

Necker.jpg

I know that virtuovice on youtube has tried both the Eskabar and the similarly sized Izula in the Sharpshooter's Sureloc Gunny Sheath (from KnivesShipFree.com).

I have one of those hanging around as I gave my Gunny to a friend in a different sheath so I intend to try that...

Just another thought for those who want a leather option.

Ben

I just bought this knife from ksf. A little nervous because there is no returns because they're not selling this brand anymore. Not sure about a warranty either. I'm not too hard on knives anyway. $95 for the knife and the handles, couldn't resist!

Why did you have to mention it having a convex grind? I was finally getting to a point that I didn't have to buy a new knife for the time being... I was going to get the Blackjack but couldn't pull the trigger because it just was missing that certain something. Apparently that something is a convex grind. Thanks for make me fixated right after I spent enough to not afford it.

Why did you have to mention it having a convex grind? I was finally getting to a point that I didn't have to buy a new knife for the time being... I was going to get the Blackjack but couldn't pull the trigger because it just was missing that certain something. Apparently that something is a convex grind. Thanks for make me fixated right after I spent enough to not afford it.

I hear ya buddy! I was set on a bark river till I saw this one. Lol

Anyone know about the Blackjack knife company. I thought they were made by brkt. I can't find any information on the "blackjack" company. Ksf is getting rid of there stock. Are they going out of business? I got the neck knife, anyone else have one?

Back