BLADE acquires ICCE

Kinda mixed feelings but hopefully they will grow the show.. Yes the stock yards is a neat venue with lots to do in the area. Hopefully will draw more folks.

Good all around! I loved this show and the people attending.

I expect to be a part of it again, that was the plan.

Thanks Jason.

Coop

I’m excited to go. I’d imagine the bladeshow team will only make the show stronger and could help get some more attendees.
Kinda wish the dates would change and not be so close to bladeshow since it’s run by them now.

I’m excited to go. I’d imagine the bladeshow team will only make the show stronger and could help get some more attendees.
Kinda wish the dates would change and not be so close to bladeshow since it’s run by them now.

I'm with you, Paul. I was going to go to ICCE either way, but I am excited to see how the Blade folks get things done. Kudos to Jerry Moen for putting the show all together to begin with, and for making the deal with Blade. Should be an interesting few years as things develop.

^^ Well, yes. It's 2+ months later, in Texas. MUCH smaller scale, relatively.

We will see.

Everybody has been saying "but its two months later, smaller scale, things will be better then" for over a year. And I have watched one event after another cancel week by week. Safari Club in Feb. canceled last week. Much smaller than SHOT. My VA doc told me the pandemic won't be over until everybody has been exposed to the virus or they have a totally effective vaccination. Not sure we are close to either.

I liked the ICCE and supported its concept...custom knifemakers and collectors. It was the last big show produced by a knifemakers' association. One of the few shows for custom makers only. In a few years it will be Blade-SW. It's a sad day. :(

I subscibe to Blade. It's a soulless organization that has little ethics. Their rag is a commercial with little substance in the articles. I decided two months ago not to renew.

ICCE is the result of the fusion of two shows, so it seems logical that another fusion happened.
Probably a good idea, since there have been special sections for ABS and the Guild anyway.
So it takes out the competition between another 2 shows.
The original concept (only handmade) has to be droped, but the idea lives on.
Stay safe.

The original concept (only handmade) has to be dropped, but the idea lives on.
Stay safe.

That's actually debatable. Do you make every knife the same? No rule Blade has to make all their shows the same. Wonder what the show would be like if Blade did Atlanta and Blade West as all-in, but ICCE as handmade only?

I hope it stays handmade only. If it doesn’t what was even the point of buying it? Might as well have just made a completely new show if the plan is to change everything the show was for.
It is cool to have shows just for us too

ICCE is the result of the fusion of two shows, so it seems logical that another fusion happened.
Probably a good idea, since there have been special sections for ABS and the Guild anyway.
So it takes out the competition between another 2 shows.
The original concept (only handmade) has to be droped, but the idea lives on.
Stay safe.

Only hand made shows keep it small with the money going to custom makers. Instead of the money going to Benchmade for Gold Class or to CRK for sebenzas. Read Blade for a few months, they push makers with high resale value. Many collectors buy customs for fun not to max resale.

Last edited:
Keeping it purely high end custom cuts down on the potential crowd in the long run. The vast majority of knife people out there aren't interested in handmade folders at astronomical prices. Add Benchmade, Spyderco, Emerson, CRK and the like to a show will create a much better crowd. Just look at USN compared to the "New York Custom."

Keeping it purely high end custom cuts down on the potential crowd in the long run. The vast majority of knife people out there aren't interested in handmade folders at astronomical prices. Add Benchmade, Spyderco, Emerson, CRK and the like to a show will create a much better crowd. Just look at USN compared to the "New York Custom."

The ICCE was not “purely high end custom”. You could get some knives for $100 and the median price was ~$400-800. Bigger crowd doesn’t always mean better sales for that new unknown ABS journeyman smith.

Blade, like any company is trying to make money. More people come to the show, the more tickets are sold. As far as the magazine goes how many custom knife makers to you see taking out full page adds in the magazine? John

Ive got a Table and looking forward to the show, i hope its custom handmade knives only too.

Back