Question Blade Forums running slow?

danno50

Gold Member
Starting last night it would seem to me that BF is running brutally slow. It can take up to two minutes to be logged in after entering my username and password. Once I am logged in, it can take from 30 seconds to 2 minutes before the page loads. Last night when I logged out, the log out still wasn't completed after 5 minutes. I don't think it is a problem with my computer, as everything else is running at normal speed.

Starting last night it would seem to me that BF is running brutally slow. It can take up to two minutes to be logged in after entering my username and password. Once I am logged in, it can take from 30 seconds to 2 minutes before the page loads. Last night when I logged out, the log out still wasn't completed after 5 minutes. I don't think it is a problem with my computer, as everything else is running at normal speed.

Could be your internet connection. Unplug your router's power and data connection for 5 mins, if you have a wifi router also do this to that as well. then plug them all back in.

Shutdown your pc or phone, that you use to browse bladeforums and pull the power for a min. Plug back in and power back on. On your phone do a reboot then a shut down.

Open your browser and clear the cache from the beginning of time.

And then try again.

I was online much of last night and had no problems.

It is quite a bit better now. I don't believe it was my internet connection. Every other site I visited on the internet was running at normal speed. I also clear my cache fairly frequently.

It is quite a bit better now. I don't believe it was my internet connection. Every other site I visited on the internet was running at normal speed. I also clear my cache fairly frequently.

There's something wrong with your setup somewhere. All of your posts have been double posts. You actually started two threads on this and I merged them. And your last response was doubled.

I would check for a corrupted cookie.
Log out of BF.
Clear your cookies in your browser.
Then close the browser.
Then fire up the browser and log in again.

Reactions: Mo2
Not sure what it was? Two nights ago I was on BF, it was working fine, and all of a sudden it just bogged down. Nothing in my settings had changed. I believe the double posts were because the screen would freeze and not tell me that the post had been posted, after 5 minutes or so of waiting, I would try again and then close the browser to log out, as the screen would freeze when I tried to log out as well. I clear my cookies almost daily. One other site I visit, Mac-Forums, which I believe runs on the same platform as Blade Forums, was acting the same way.
Last night, all of a sudden, the problem went away and everything is working very well now.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Back