Blade HQ Exclusive Manix in M4

They got me!!! I debated for a week between the satin or the black. When I saw the black was sold out I panicked and jumped on the satin even though I just ordered a Blurple S110V PM2 earlier today. I have a Spyderco problem... I keep telling myself I'll sell one after I review it but I know my ZT 0450 is looking very worried about its future.

You will regret selling your 450! Keep it. Its a great knife! I own 5 Spydies now and have the Manix2 BHQ m4 incoming... It will be my first Manix!
I also own the PM2 in jade g10 and M4. I think it will be a great duo!

Yeah... I'll probably wind up selling some bike stuff I have laying around instead. Christmas is coming, etc...

They got me!!! I debated for a week between the satin or the black. When I saw the black was sold out I panicked and jumped on the satin even though I just ordered a Blurple S110V PM2 earlier today. I have a Spyderco problem... I keep telling myself I'll sell one after I review it but I know my ZT 0450 is looking very worried about its future.

Pretty sure the black isn't sold out, it just hasn't come out yet.

Yeah. I realized that later. That's okay. I kinda prefer the satin anyway. I was just thinking black because my other Manix (maybe soon to be two) are satin.

If you have any expectations of the Manix becoming as easy as a Benchmade you will be disappointed.
My hands become arthritic in cold weather so it is nice having the Benchmades for those days. .

I hear you...
A mod from and old thread I keep marked.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/manix-2-easy-lock-modification.919110/

and

https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53756

VMXoCkb.jpg

My M4 came in the other day. And it was way better than past Manix's I have owed.
But it suffered from a stiff lock.

Ceramic Ball and 1 1/2 coils cut.
NEVER CUT MORE THAN TWO COILS.
It is as close to a Axis lock in smoothness and easy of release.

Last edited:
Mine will be here Saturday! I wasn't expecting it until early next week. Of course, I'll be with my mother and sister all day. I'm still rigid with excitement!!!

Delivered a day early! Best fit and finish I've had on a Manix yet, even a little better than on my CF/Cruwear one. And a virtually perfect, even, razor sharp 15 dps edge.

Enjoy some pics:

9Ceavso.jpg

q5vIo2k.jpg

uvmCfN3.jpg

T7xx1SR.jpg

5BqWkpq.jpg

I like that lanyard! Is that neon green diamond?

This one is waiting for its Manix2 BHQ M4 brother.... I think it will be a nice duo... :rolleyes:

Man... I've purchased the DLT M390 PM2, the Knifeworks CF/S90V Military and a Maxamet Native 5 in the last couple of weeks. I'm right on the brink of pulling the trigger on the BladeHQ M4 Manix as well. I don't have an exact count but I think I own something like 25 Spydies or so. Far more than any other manufacturer.

Note to self: I'm all in on Spyderco and it's time to start selling off some of the other brands pretty soon.

Man... I've purchased the DLT M390 PM2, the Knifeworks CF/S90V Military and a Maxamet Native 5 in the last couple of weeks. I'm right on the brink of pulling the trigger on the BladeHQ M4 Manix as well. I don't have an exact count but I think I own something like 25 Spydies or so. Far more than any other manufacturer.

Note to self: I'm all in on Spyderco and it's time to start selling off some of the other brands pretty soon.

You might look at the dealer exclusive Manix 2 lw with s90v steel and orange handles at CS. Google it to find it. Excellent price.
I m trying to resist.

Mine will be here Saturday! I wasn't expecting it until early next week. Of course, I'll be with my mother and sister all day. I'm still rigid with excitement!!!

Take a deep breath & c a l m d o w n! It's a knife.

I'm in the same boat. I stared off with a bunch of ZT blades, but now all I own is one Benchmade, a few Cold Steels, and a ton of Spydercos. I am not really a collector; I have just pared my knife selection down to excellent blades that are really useful and functional while still looking nice. Spyderco seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Mine arrived yesterday. All I have to say is Wow!! What a beautifully built knife. I can't stop looking at it. It's perfect in every way. I've been on the fence about ordering a Manix 2 for a while now and I'm glad I waited and was able to get the Blade HQ exclusive. The jade G10 scales are a sight to behold.

Back