• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review Blade HQ - How do they get it so wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys all seem a little butt hurt here.

So sorry man, sure Blade HQ is sorry too for all the pain caused their disciples here. And now causing them with your irrelevant spam. Please contact their emotional support line and hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

As mentioned, we'll continue to post reviews of BHQ with you to thank.
Who’s we?

Riaan what I am hearing is that you placed an online order with Blade HQ for heavily discounted Black Friday specials.
Blade HQ's online fraud detection system was suspicious of your international payment transaction and requested further information which you did not provide within their required time frame.
I say "within their time frame" but really it's the banks recommendation and time frame that they are simply following to protect themselves from online fraud.

Let's be clear, your Credit Card was never charged, so no money changed hands and no product was ever shipped to you. So there was no transaction.

You seem to have taken this very personally and since Blade HQ refused to complete your heavily discounted Black Friday purchases, you feel hard done by and out of pocket.

So what you are actually doing here is not a review of Blade HQ's service but really an attempt to blacken their name and *lose them business in revenge for them not completing your discounted transaction.

It's a shame that you chose this forum as your means of revenge, as it has backfired badly.
Thanks for the constructive attempt at least. Yes, my credit card was charged, for both orders. A consumer has the right to make use of vendor discounts when they come up. Nothing backfired at all. With every comment a view the review is more accessible to search engines, which is the intended purpose of a review for failed service delivery.

The issue again since you seem to have some issues reading.

Blade HQ was unable to assist in solving the issues with my order regardless of being contacted multiple times and being willing to assist with whatever they needed. The skill of the customer service representatives dealt with did not allow for the matter to be resolved since the used generic copy and paste reply to answer my query.

There was no attempt made from any one of 4 employees (including a manager) who received contact to verify my transaction. The matter went no further than getting an email for my card being flagged because not one of the service agents had the skill to deal with the matter where a simple request for ID and proof of CC would have resolved.

Their customer service is badly rated everywhere they are reviewed.

To me it seems like the issue was the miscommunication of merging the two invoices. The purchaser didn't realize the initial transaction didn't get processed and wanted to add to the original order to save on shipping (been there).

I'm guessing BHQ was unable to make it happen even with multiple people involved and lots of back and forth. It appears they owned up to the lack of stellar service in their response in this situation.

I'm not sure why you guys are giving him such a hard time about it. I'd be cheesed if I missed out on a nice pile of knives I was planning on ordering at a discount.

To me it seems like the issue was the miscommunication of merging the two invoices. The purchaser didn't realize the initial transaction didn't get processed and wanted to add to the original order to save on shipping (been there).

I'm guessing BHQ was unable to make it happen even with multiple people involved and lots of back and forth. It appears they owned up to the lack of stellar service in their response in this situation.

I'm not sure why you guys are giving him such a hard time about it. I'd be cheesed if I missed out on a nice pile of knives I was planning on ordering at a discount.
Thanks for following and the unbiased opinion. Seems not everyone here is 17.
Very much so part of the issue. I spent my money on Black Friday with Blade HQ. And then purchased the same items from elsewhere after not on sale a week later because I made the mistake of using BHQ as my vendor. We all pay our dues somehow. For me, lesson learned and BHQ seems to have taken my suggestions to heart.

A+ BBB, 4.6 out of 5 on fb with over 500 reviews. 4 out of 5 on yelp. Where are these mysterious bad reviews you mention? Are they just like the communications you said that you would post for proof?
You do realize that you are actually achieving the opposite of what you are trying to. Smart doesn't really seem like your strong point. Where you will be responsible for me showing more bad service delivery experienced by other consumers. Sure Blade HQ will thank you in person tho maybe with a free gift.

You do realize that you are actually achieving the opposite of what you are trying to. Smart doesn't really seem like your strong point. Where you will be responsible for me showing more bad service delivery experienced by other consumers. Sure Blade HQ will thank you in person tho maybe with a free gift.
Still waiting?

Still waiting?
https://goo.gl/maps/CmQWpTzXZoGGVfpj6
"Ordered a knife online, and checked out as a guest. I received no correspondence or verification of the completion of my purchase via email. I've called numerous times and no one will answer. I've also sent an email requesting help with this issue. This has gone unanswered as well. My bank account has been charged for the amount of the knife, and I have no idea if its even coming. Very frustrating. Will not be purchasing from here again. UPDATE- Was finally able to get in touch with someone through FB messenger. They said my order had shipped and should be arriving that day. Received the package only to find out they had sent me the wrong knife!!!! Do not shop here!"

Still waiting?
https://goo.gl/maps/sopHpXmdizaJCD8L9
"I've had to warranty a butterfly knife twice in the second time I didn't see it for months. They couldn't track it down and they took my name and number. Never got a call. Finally the blade came back months later. I'm trying to pick it up but I work business hours. I can't get ahold of anybody there through the phone. It's frustrating."

To the OP:

Although this site (Blade Forums) allows public access, by and large is a welcoming forum and most likely is still the best-known and dare I say the biggest knife community related website, it is a terrible idea to come in here with a bad attitude as a new comer and then let that bad attitude really degenerate by devolving into a terrible form of behavior. There is a cautionary tale in here and that being this site is still a private business with its own terms of use or terms of sale. Although BF.com does offer a platform (GB&U) for members to opine and discuss their experiences with other members or other vendors, still a certain form of decorum and civility is both expected and encouraged in such wake. You may seriously wish to recalibrate your methods if you wish to stick around in here as a member, whether as a paying one or not, just to participate, to contribute to learn and to share. If none of these matter to you, then stop reading the following because it will be a waste of your time!

I am no BHQ fanboy. I have ordered from them and will continue ordering from them if my other top 2-3 online fave vendors fail to fulfill certain orders. I am also not locked in with their exclusives and such so I can definitely tell you that I am not a BHQ Koolaid drinking fanboy and I would also wager to say that a very large percentage of those in here who you have accused of being fanboys really are not BHQ shills. I just assume that without being wrought out by the kind of emotional state which you have been displaying, most of us without a dog in this fight, are reading about this saga quite objectively and then deciding that based on the presented evidence, the vendor had/has the right to freeze the transaction pending CS follow ups. You may assume that it is your "right" to share your terrible CS experiences, but this site is not Yelp or the other one you posted. In here as a community where BHQ itself is a vendor-member, the standards are higher and if you wish to post something with a negative connotation in here, you must also be prepared to present your case in an objective and lucid manner.

Running amok food-fighting style with well established members in this thread and the other BHQ themed thread is not shining a negative light on BHQ. That much is what you have managed to establish so far with your few dozen posts.

Still waiting?
https://goo.gl/maps/o2oJ34poEnJ5AZAx7
"I previously felt like going to BladeHQ was like going to Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. However, it now feels like Willy Wonka doesn’t care about his chocolate, nor his guests. I hope things can improve. I’ve come here twice before and had an incredible experience. Knowledgable staff and friendly countenances willing to show and coach me on blade and steel types. Today.... mmm not so much. I came prepared to drop a significant amount of money on some good quality blades for camping. Unfortunately, the front staff seemed more interested in whatever was on their monitors rather than assisting me with my questions of which item would best fit my needs. It felt like if I would have asked to see something that wasn’t in the display cases it would have been a huge inconvenience. Rather than cause the staff undo stress I looked up my questions online when I got home and made my purchases on Amazon. I would have gladly paid the higher price at BladeHQ for the human interaction and knowledge I’d experienced on previous visits. I realize it’s primarily an online business, but if you provide a retail experience, please know that the people in your store will have a much larger impression on your brand then your website could even dream of making. I hope things will improve."

Who's "we"? You work for a competitor of BHQ? That would make more sense than most of what you've said so far. Look, until you post some emails that show you didn't go full hissy-fit and start insulting the staff we're pretty sure from reading your responses that is likely exactly what you did. Think of it as a trial, your evidence is pretty underwhelming. Considering you lost no money at all count yourself lucky. You should also expect a mod to lock this thread soon because now you're acting like a child.

To the OP:

Although this site (Blade Forums) allows public access, by and large is a welcoming forum and most likely is still the best-known and dare I say the biggest knife community related website, it is a terrible idea to come in here with a bad attitude as a new comer and then let that bad attitude really degenerate by devolving into a terrible form of behavior. There is a cautionary tale in here and that being this site is still a private business with its own terms of use or terms of sale. Although BF.com does offer a platform (GB&U) for members to opine and discuss their experiences with other members or other vendors, still a certain form of decorum and civility is both expected and encouraged in such wake. You may seriously wish to recalibrate your methods if you wish to stick around in here as a member, whether as a paying one or not, just to participate, to contribute to learn and to share. If none of these matter to you, then stop reading the following because it will be a waste of your time!

I am no BHQ fanboy. I have ordered from them and will continue ordering from them if my other top 2-3 online fave vendors fail to fulfill certain orders. I am also not locked in with their exclusives and such so I can definitely tell you that I am not a BHQ Koolaid drinking fanboy and I wager top say that a very large percentage of those in here who you have accused on being fanboys are really not BHQ shills. I just assume that without being wrought out by the kind of emotional state which you have been displaying, most of us without a dog in this fight, are reading objectively and then deciding that based on the presented evidence, the vendor had/has the right to freeze the transaction pending CS follow ups. You may assume that it is your "right" to share your terrible CS experiences, but this site is not Yelp or the other one you posted. In here as a community where BHQ itself is a vendor-member, the standards are higher and if you wish to post something with a negative connotation in here, you must also be prepared to present your case in an objective and lucid manner.

Running amok food-fighting style with well established members in this thread and the other BHQ themed thread is not shining a negative light on BHQ. That much is what you have managed to establish so far with your few dozen posts.
So credibility measured on post count? Bladeforums is a public forum and seems to be unbiasedly open to both good and bad reviews as it should be. My experience was a negative one, someone elses maight be a positive one. And such is the nature of reviews.

Who's "we"? You work for a competitor of BHQ? That would make more sense than most of what you've said so far. Look, until you post some emails that show you didn't go full hissy-fit and start insulting the staff we're pretty sure from reading your responses that is likely exactly what you did. Think of it as a trial, your evidence is pretty underwhelming. Considering you lost no money at all count yourself lucky. You should also expect a mod to lock this thread soon because now you're acting like a child.
Who is really acting like immature fanboys? "Blade HQ didn't make you happy? Lie or pretend, just please say it isn't so!"

Thanks for the constructive attempt at least. Yes, my credit card was charged, for both orders. A consumer has the right to make use of vendor discounts when they come up. Nothing backfired at all. With every comment a view the review is more accessible to search engines, which is the intended purpose of a review for failed service delivery.

The issue again since you seem to have some issues reading.

Blade HQ was unable to assist in solving the issues with my order regardless of being contacted multiple times and being willing to assist with whatever they needed. The skill of the customer service representatives dealt with did not allow for the matter to be resolved since the used generic copy and paste reply to answer my query.

There was no attempt made from any one of 4 employees (including a manager) who received contact to verify my transaction. The matter went no further than getting an email for my card being flagged because not one of the service agents had the skill to deal with the matter where a simple request for ID and proof of CC would have resolved.

Their customer service is badly rated everywhere they are reviewed.

Oh goodness, have your rights been trampled upon? :eek: Well dang, Paul Revere, no wonder you're riding hither and yon, sounding the horn that BladeHQ is coming! To arms! BladeHQ is coming!

So for every irrelevant and unrelated spam comment this thread receives, I'll find and post another review of their service. Deal.

Oh goodness, have your rights been trampled upon? :eek: Well dang, Paul Revere, no wonder you're riding hither and yon, sounding the horn that BladeHQ is coming! To arms! BladeHQ is coming!
https://goo.gl/maps/zhyGuTebiFEZ4GeB6
"Worst customer service I have experienced from an online retailer in recent history. Forced to deal with customer service on at least 6 occasions for a single item order, that when returned was accepted and noted as returned, but no refund issued until I reached out to find out where my refund was. Hoping they follow through with issuing the refund so I can once and for all be done with BladeHQ."

So for every irrelevant and unrelated spam comment this thread receives, I'll find and post another review of their service. Deal.

What's with all the extra A's in your screen name? Care to explain that one? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back