• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review Blade HQ - How do they get it so wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
So credibility measured on post count? Bladeforums is a public forum and seems to be unbiasedly open to both good and bad reviews as it should be. My experience was a negative one, someone elses maight be a positive one. And such is the nature of reviews.

I suspect that majority of your experiences are generally negative if things do not go your way!

As an aside:

No it is not; not at all by a long shot! Credibility in general is measured by the content and the quality of one's posts. Some of us happen to hang around in here (the site in general not specifically this subsection) a lot more than some others, we banter, we joke and we share/enjoy experiences with like-minded persons and despite higher posts counts, those of us with this affliction never placate, diminish or measure others by this metric.

Who is really acting like immature fanboys? "Blade HQ didn't make you happy? Lie or pretend, just please say it isn't so!"
Hi Ryan. I’m not the biggest fan of BHQ but do order from time to time. They have weak points and strong points.

You seem to have made your point 322 times in this thread. You obviously have no interest in the forum community here and are just on a mission to eff up someone’s world. Your progress on that has become quite irritating and monotonous.

Bugger off now mate! Maybe consider some kind of contribution next time before you take a big steamer on everyone.

https://goo.gl/maps/zhyGuTebiFEZ4GeB6
"Worst customer service I have experienced from an online retailer in recent history. Forced to deal with customer service on at least 6 occasions for a single item order, that when returned was accepted and noted as returned, but no refund issued until I reached out to find out where my refund was. Hoping they follow through with issuing the refund so I can once and for all be done with BladeHQ."
Read through most of this thread. Left me with only one question.

Why, exactly, are you being such a dick, my dude?

People only called you out because you left out a lot of information, and you joined the forum purely to flame a well known vendor. Just take a few steps back, calm down, and enjoy the forum.

https://goo.gl/maps/yTvTocVHbfgsrt1x9
I bought an out the front automatic knife, not the best of breed to be sure, about 30$ after shipping in late June of 2017. After maybe 30 or 40 cycles of the blade the tab that engages the thumb "trigger" broke off effectively disabling the knife. I contacted Blade Play (which is Blade HQ, same physical address, and storefront) and was given some song and dance via Email that if it was used (it is in same condition as it came out of the box), they wouldn't accept return. I made it clear i had it for 14 days before it broke. I explained the issue with the Thumb trigger and now they say if it was disassembled or used (it came dull so i sharpened it) they wont accept return grasping at every straw to refuse return. It became very clear very quick that they were not accepting the knife return, so i decided to leave them a bad review and warn others DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. They know they sell mostly junk and do not warranty anything. They also bury the "AS IS" warranty disclaimer so deep in their site its impossible to know there is no warranty. Maybe i should contact the AG in Utah and see what they say. Again, don't trust these people.

Read through most of this thread. Left me with only one question.

Why, exactly, are you being such a dick, my dude?

People only called you out because you left out a lot of information, and you joined the forum purely to flame a well known vendor. Just take a few steps back, calm down, and enjoy the forum.
We are who we are brother. Sure you not asking me to be pretentious right? I'll accept the same from you.

I bought an out the front automatic knife, not the best of breed to be sure, about 30$ after shipping in late June of 2017. After maybe 30 or 40 cycles of the blade the tab that engages the thumb "trigger" broke off effectively disabling the knife. I contacted Blade Play (which is Blade HQ, same physical address, and storefront) and was given some song and dance via Email that if it was used (it is in same condition as it came out of the box), they wouldn't accept return. I made it clear i had it for 14 days before it broke. I explained the issue with the Thumb trigger and now they say if it was disassembled or used (it came dull so i sharpened it) they wont accept return grasping at every straw to refuse return. It became very clear very quick that they were not accepting the knife return, so i decided to leave them a bad review and warn others DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. They know they sell mostly junk and do not warranty anything. They also bury the "AS IS" warranty disclaimer so deep in their site its impossible to know there is no warranty. Maybe i should contact the AG in Utah and see what they say. Again, don't trust these people.

Now that one is just silly. Did you even read it? :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Somebody call a whaaaaaaaaambulance for the OP... o_O :rolleyes:

SkinnyEarlyIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

2fhm04.jpg

We are who we are brother. Sure you not asking me to be pretentious right? I'll accept the same from you.

Yawn. You’ve made your point. Move on.

The issue is that no one was able to resolve my requests when they were contacted multiple times for assistance, how numb must you be upstairs to miss that?

If your requests made as much sense as your review then I really can't blame BladeHQ from falling short of your seemingly lofty(read: batshit crazy) expectations.

I've been openly critical of BladeHQ on several occasions, but I really can't fathom this thread. BladeHQ had fraud concerns and contacted you about them. You didn't respond so they cancelled your order. Seems like business as usual to me.

BladeHQ has admitted some fault on the part of one of their employees, but without seeing a transcript of their communications I find it hard to believe that most of the fault doesn't lie with you. Considering how you've conducted yourself here.

Do us a favor: If you want to review something else, stick to Yelp.

I'm not seeing how the OP posting other people's reviews is at all relevant to his case. I suppose rather than comment everyone else could post any positive reviews of BHQ we can find unless the OP wishes to stop posting reviews that have no bearing to the case he's presenting. Since the OP hasn't been informed that needs to stop I assume the rest of us could do it as well without sanctions being implemented.

I have had multiple excellent, easy, smooth experiences ordering from Blade HQ over the years.

ALL of my orders went through quickly, shipped promptly, and arrived without issue. The knives I received from Blade HQ were perfect. Where else can you get a Jade-scaled, M4-bladed, limited edition Spyderco? Nowhere but Blade HQ. IMO, Blade HQ is Great. Nay... Blade HQ is awesome!

In today's episode of "He Man's Blade HQ Hater's Club" we'll see a bunch more fake review poss and more attempts from the OP to cover up his bad behavior.

Every single International order I have placed through Blade HQ has been trouble free and highly satisfying. They are my my number one US based knife store.

If OP had put even a fraction of a percent of effort into answering BHQ in the first 24 hours, as he has put into trashing them here, this thread likely wouldn't exist. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

Raking BHQ over the coals for trying to protect him and themselves from potential fraud is pretty petty. If anything, he should be praising them.

We understand this situation was frustrating for you as you have contacted us about this a total of 12 times.

You submitted an order on our website on December 1st and we sent you an email the same day requesting additional information regarding your payment method due to information our Fraud and Loss team is sensitive to. As we did not receive a response within the 24 hours as specified in our email the order was canceled and the amount refunded back to the original payment method. Another order was submitted through our website on December 6th to which we sent you another email inquiring about the same information. It was at this time you contacted our Customer Service team directly.

There were multiple communications from this time and while we stand by our responses, unfortunately, there was an instance where an agent took it onto themselves to respond to several of your emails with responses that did not address your concerns or situation. We are aware of this instance and are addressing it internally and we apologize for not responding directly to your needs

Several of your emails contained feedback on how we could improve this procedure, something we most definitely appreciate. To clarify, we ask customers to respond to us within 24 hours of us contacting them because instances of fraudulent transactions can develop quickly and in the case that it is a legitimate order we would not want to delay the order longer than is necessary. In our experience, we haven’t had issues with customers getting back to us within the 24 hours and we’re sorry to hear that this allotted time was insufficient for you to get back to us.

I do hope this response clears up any misunderstanding and we encourage you to contact us again regarding this situation as we would be more than happy to assist you further.
Several things this year have made me want to give Big Blue and White ( that's you Blade HQ) a second chance in 2020. This thread and this post from them is just one more reason. So @BladeHQ if you ever think there's fraud going on with my credit card and a purchase being made in 2020. By all means CANCEL THE DAMN ORDER. It a no brainer. In fact get that card cancelled for me. I can get another one alot easier then I can get any amount of funds back that someone is spending on my card. Took me months to recover the last time.

My Review Of Blade HQ.

I Logged Into My Computer Yesterday at 10:01 AM MST And Put An Exclusive M4 Dodo In My Cart.

I then Proceeded To The Checkout And Paid For The Knife.

It Is Now Shipping To Me.

At No Time Did I Have To Phone Or Contact The Store. Five Stars.

Riaan what I am hearing is that you placed an online order with Blade HQ for heavily discounted Black Friday specials.
Blade HQ's online fraud detection system was suspicious of your international payment transaction and requested further information which you did not provide within their required time frame.
I say "within their time frame" but really it's the banks recommendation and time frame that they are simply following to protect themselves from online fraud.

Let's be clear, your Credit Card was never charged, so no money changed hands and no product was ever shipped to you. So there was no transaction.

You seem to have taken this very personally and since Blade HQ refused to complete your heavily discounted Black Friday purchases, you feel hard done by and out of pocket.

So what you are actually doing here is not a review of Blade HQ's service but really an attempt to blacken their name and loose them business in revenge for them not completing your discounted transaction.

It's a shame that you chose this forum as your means of revenge, as it has backfired badly.

I have had multiple excellent, easy, smooth experiences ordering from Blade HQ over the years.

ALL of my orders went through quickly, shipped promptly, and arrived without issue. The knives I received from Blade HQ were perfect. Where else can you get a Jade-scaled, M4-bladed, limited edition Spyderco? Nowhere but Blade HQ. IMO, Blade HQ is Great. Nay... Blade HQ is awesome!
I had my first order a week or so ago with BHQ. No Black Friday deals. I just wanted a Sebenza. I bought it on a Friday and it came on a Tuesday. Under promised and over delivered. I was pleasantly surprised it went so smoothly.
To the new member/op, a quick metaphor....... as a butterfly transforms from a pupae to an adult, emerging from the cocoon, it is this struggle that strengthens it wings. Struggle is good for you. o_O
Oh, and also the butterfly sends an email within 24 hrs to let his friends know he is out. :thumbsup::cool:

As an overseas BHQ customer (twice), I encountered, on my first order, a problem.

A series of emails over a couple of days clarified the problem, but didn't resolve it in the way I wanted.

Regardless of myself having a bit of a whinge to myself, and quite possibly the BHQ CS person thinking 'check out this fool from the Antipodes', the emails we exchanged where consistently polite, on point, objective, and succeeded in accomplishing their purpose of clarifying the issue.
The order was not completed.
It took me several seconds to get over it, and get on with my life. Which, having read this thread, I feel was a good move.

Quite some time later, I ordered a knife from BHQ again. This order went smooth and most satisfactorily.

Gotta be a moral in there somewhere.

Last edited:
When I place an order somewhere, I check my email immediately, then at least 2 or 3 times a day, until I receive it. Before I go to sleep, after I wake up, and maybe in between those times. Typically, one gets an email automatically when it's placed. Sometimes you get an email that's more specific saying "thank you" or whatever. That email may or may not have shipping info, which, if it doesn't, usually comes in another email that is specifically about shipping info. Then I refer back to that email to check shipping status, ETA, etc, so I know when to expect it.

Now, surely, not everyone is going to be as anxious as I am, and of course, it depends on what I'm waiting on (a new knife or other toy - very anxious...a 100 pack of generic magic erasure sponges - not so much).

But surely I'm not the only one that, at the very least, checks for an email about shipping info to make sure that they got the order, that there's no problems, and that it's on its way (or will so be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back