• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Blade HQ In stock/out of stock

NPT

Does anyone from Blade HQ read this forum? I hope so. I find their website tiring to look at. Specifically because they list every knife known to man, but have maybe 5% of them in stock. It's not uncommon to have 5+ pages for a knife, like the Utratech in it's various forms, but there's only 5 or so in stock.
So at the very least, there should be a filter for "in stock only". Other sites can do it, they could, too.

Every "Sort by" option I apply on BHQ automatically pushes all the out of stock items to the end of the list, where they're easy to ignore.

Personally I like their approach of not deleting older items because their knife info is useful to me when I'm looking at models on the secondary market, etc.

Maybe you should contact BladeHQ instead of hoping someone reads this thread.

I have. I am aware of how the site works, it'd just be nice to only see what they actually have. 'Cause 99% of the time, what I want is 2 items into the out of stock section. It's annoying.

Well like they said when you see the first out of stock item stop scrolling. That will tell you your item is not available. Or use the search feature for your item. It will pop up and if out of stock you will learn immediately and move on.

I have. I am aware of how the site works, it'd just be nice to only see what they actually have. 'Cause 99% of the time, what I want is 2 items into the out of stock section. It's annoying.
They very much have buttons that allow you to get either text or email notifications when said item is back in stock. To be perfectly frank, it sounds like you're mad that you're missing out on knives you aren't quick enough to buy more than any actual technical issue with BladeHQ's site.

I like that they have 'Country of Origin' in their sort filter. Every online retailer for any product should have this filter option.

7XEnzYh.png

Their site is a good, and probably unique, database for knives in general. I just wish they add the original release date of knives.

There site I think has the best sort. It's faster and easier to find out your options on a specific model type.
I often go to there site first to find what I am looking for.

Rich K.

Yeah, they're automatically sorted by whether they're in stock or out of stock. Once you see 'Out of Stock' stop scrolling and your problem will be solved.
Wrong, wrong, wrong! OP should keep looking through the list just in case there is an in stock item slipped in there somewhere!

But seriously, I love that they list everything they have had. Great resource!

I guess I'm not seeing the OP's problem. Is it that he just gets too upset in seeing that the item is out of stock and wishes it wasn't visible at all?

They very much have buttons that allow you to get either text or email notifications when said item is back in stock. To be perfectly frank, it sounds like you're mad that you're missing out on knives you aren't quick enough to buy more than any actual technical issue with BladeHQ's site.

Not really. I know about and use the notification feature, too. IIRC, I've not gotten a notification that anything on my list is in stock.
FWIW, I agree that it is a good database to see what exists, I'd just like the option to remove out of stock stuff.

The shipping time I have no complaint with. I ordered a knife the other day, and it's showing shipped.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! OP should keep looking through the list just in case there is an in stock item slipped in there somewhere!

But seriously, I love that they list everything they have had. Great resource!

I guess I'm not seeing the OP's problem. Is it that he just gets too upset in seeing that the item is out of stock and wishes it wasn't visible at all?

Ignorance is bliss, I know the more you know more you have to worry about. When I was a kid I was ignorant but I was carefree and a happy little ignorant kid.

If anything @BladeHQ needs to work on their shipping time. Order something on Monday and it doesn’t ship until like Thursday or Friday. They never have anything I want anyways, so it’s a moot point I guess.

Bingo.

That's my only issue with them. Usually by the time I would receive my knife from DLT trading or other vendors my BHQ order would just be on its way.

But I still enjoy the selection and occasional purchases I do make.

a while ago i wrote about BHQ "BAD" and got a response from a moderator that this was "not done",my thought was BHQ got some special protection from BLADEFORUMS orat least that moderator!i say it again,BHQ is bad,there are SO many fantastic retailers you don't need BHQ.

Back